My player get frozen in the loading library screen
I tried so many times to fix it, I bought it and install the driver with the Recovery Utility, but It doesn't work, sometimes I wait to the "low battery" message
and wait a minute to turn it on again, and it works but when I try to play something, it get frozen again, and its the same problem when I connect it to the computer, When I open the files in my computer there are two folders, Data and Media
but I cant open the folders because the player get frozen again.
There are music files inside the player, but I cant erase them.
I dont know If I new and Upgrade of Recovery U. or Firmware
I dont know what to do, I tried to install some samsung programs but they doesnt reconize my device.
there is another problem.
(sorry for my English, im from Mexico)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have a Thomson DT16300, here's a handy fix that address freeze ups, lack of reception and problems on your Hard Disk:
goto MENU screen
goto SETUP screen
goto HELP screen
At HELP screen, Enter 1397 - this accesses the engineer panel - you can
reformat the HDD in this menu - you will lose all recorded programmes
and planned recordings but it clears locked or corrupted files
OR - at the HELP screen, press the GREEN button
On the lower half of the screen youwill see 3 options:
Blue - Reformat HDD - clears all the memory/HDD - useful if you have a
corrupted file - you will lose all recorded programmes though
Red - reset the whole box to factory settings - good if you have a
locked box or reception problems or cannto scan for new channels. It
goes back to when you bought the box, so you will have to input
favourites and planned recordings again
Yellow - Software revert - allows you to go back to the previous
software driver - you may lose new functions, but you can always
restore it back again using the same feature
this problem seems to be common
it can happen if you dont safely remove the iriver from the computer
i havent found a fix for this problem anywhere
but ill purchace your iriver if you cant find a fix..
my contact is [email protected]
There's a reset hole by the side of the player. Try reseting it.
It can freeze sometimes, and fix itself after a while. no apparent reason. reset, run the battery down and recharge.
Hope it helps.
this is from the creative site:
The recovery mode consists of these four operations.
* Clean Up: It is the least destructive operation. It scans a player's hard disk and removes any invalid links from the music library. It does not affect music files themselves. It is recommended that you perform "Clean Up" first before formatting or reloading the player's firmware.
It is recommended that you clean up regularly if you frequently transfer files between a PC and your player.
* Format All: It is the same as a Windows format performed in a PC, and consequently all contents will be lost after a format.
* Reload Firmware: Reloads the player's firmware (Operating System). It will also format the player.
Note : It requires the player be connected to a PC that meets the player's minimum system requirement. Select this option ONLY if you have access to a PC and you have downloaded the necessary firmware to install.
* Reboot: Reboots the player. You can reboot the player after performing a clean-up or format, or reboot it without performing neither of them.
It is recommended that you try these operations in the following sequence: reboot the player; clean up and reboot; format and reboot; and finally, reload the player's firmware.
If your player seems to stuck in the recovery (rescue) mode, you can try the "reboot" operation first, and format the player if necessary. If it fails to reboot, you will need to connect the player to a PC, and reinstall its firmware. For a detailed instructions on how to install a player's firmware, please refer to Updating the firmware on a Creative MP3 player, or refer to the Web Release note of the firmware download.
Unlike other hard disk based players, Zen Neeon does not have a rescue mode. Though there is a Player Recovery Mode , it is for use when updating its firmware only.
1. Detach your player from your PC , and ensure that it is turned off.
2. Close all active applications (for example, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, or Windows Media Player etc), as well as background applications such as Norton anti-virus applications.
3. Download the latest device driver if you have not installed any drivers for your player. The file name is MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250.exe.
4. Double click on the file MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250 to install it. Follow the instructions on the screen.
5. Hold down the Play/Pause button while connecting the player to a PC's USB port.
6. When the Creative logo appears on its screen, release the Play/Pause button.
The player is now in Player Recovery Mode.
Sounds like it may be the index in your Music Library. Try going into Recovery Mode; remove battery, hold power switch to ON, replace battery, release power switch when the Recovery Mode screen appears on the screen. Run Option 1 CleanUP, after it completes run Option 4 Restart. You will get a Rebuilding Library screen when it reboots, that's normal, then it should go back to your startup screen.
and let us know what happened