SANSA C240 FREEZE IN FIRST SCREEN
Remove the battery for at least 3 minutes and then put it back in.. be sure it''s fresh and fully charged
2. VERY IMPORTANT...Turn the "Hold button" ON.. (slide it to the right)
3. Now, plug it into the computer, it would be better if you used a USB 2 port that is located on the back of the computer (it''s on the motherboard)
4. Go to "MY Computer" and see if it shows up as a "Removable disk"
5. If it''s there, then reformat it to ...FAT32...not FAT.if you need help with reformatting let me know.
EDIT* When I called Sandisk on 1-3-07, the tech I spoke with instructed me to reformat to FAT32. Now (2-14-07) I get this from them..."(select "FAT" if the capacity of your Sansa is less than 2GB. For larger players, select "FAT32"). I found I lost a few megs when I formated to FAT32 on my m240, but didn't notice any other difference.
6 Unplug it and let it finalize. Give it lots of time.
7. Return the "Hold button" to off
I hope that helps
Please rate accordingly
Nov 20, 2008 |
SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player