- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In other make like HP it'll print without colour cartridges.But in this model Epson there is no possibilities of printing without a single cartridge.You may reset the cartridge and use it for printing.But reset process only reset chips.
I have a CX4800 and after clicking Print, I click Properties, then check Black ink only (is this how you are printing black and white - or is your document black and white)
If you haven't tried this option - it is worth a shot.
Epson uses the black cartridge mostly, but also adds color to the black printing in order to keep the color inks from drying in the print jets on the printhead.
They also make lots of money that way...
Try replacing the magenta cartridge... Does it also do this when you try to use it as a copier? If so, try to clean the head.. If it only happens when you're printing from the computer, try to reinstall the driver
1. Make sure your unit is powered and not printing.
2. Press the SETUP button and then use the select arrows until you see REPLACE INK, then press the COLOR COPY button. The ink cartridges will move to the replacement position.
3. Lift up the unit's cover, to access the ink cartridges.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, and lift it out of the printer.
5. Before removing the new cartridge from it's package, shake the cartridge 4-5 times. Do not shake the cartridge once it has been removed from the cartridge holder.
6. Lower the new cartridge into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place. Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, as you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for any other ink cartridges that require replacement.
8. Once complete, please lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. The EPSON Stylus RX500 begins charging the ink delivery system.
The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus RX500 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on steady. At this point press COPY to move back to COPY mode.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus RX500 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus RX500 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Turn the printer off overnight and try the head cleaning process again. Leaving it unpowered for an extended period softens the ink and makes the cleaning more effective. It may require several cleaning cycles.