Never dropped it or anything, but now when I turn it on it just flashes "Hello" and keeps going like that until I take the battery out. When I plugged it into my computer, it showed up but I couldn't over it because of an I/O device error.
What should I do? Just toss it or is there some sort of way to fix this? Thanks!
Hi I had the same problem. Buslink had me remove the battery, and use the disk that came with it to reload the software. Buslink can send you all the info, but check to make sure that you use the FAT table files in the download ( read the file on the disk ).
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: My BUSlink MP3 player is flashing "Hello"
Have you checked the battery voltage? make sure its in the original capacity.
Go to Control panel>Performance and maintenance> System> Hardware> Device manager> Universal Serial Bus Controller, click on the + sign to see the list of installed devices. If your player is connected, it should be listed there with a yellow flag (the yellow flag indicates that although the connection is there, it is not working properly). Right click on it>Properties>Troubleshoot. See if the troubleshooter can help. And you can format it there.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do the following to reset the firmware. Once the firmware is reset, everything should be back to normal.
1. Install the application from the mini disc that came with the MP3 player - which can also be downloaded from http://www.driveway.com/piidz15711. Run the "Setup.exe" file.
2. After it's installed. Connect the MP3 player to your computer. Make sure there's no battery attached to the unit. Wait until it's fully connected, and then run the software ( Go to PROGRAMS and look for "SigmaTel MSCN Audio Player". Run the Firmware Download. The software will automatically search for the unit. )
3. Make sure the "Format Data Area" option is checked (Warning: all files are going to be erased). Hit the "Start" button. The firmware will be reset, and the MP3 player should be back to normal.
hello, i found the original cd that came with the mp3 player, uninstalled musicmatch and pss device manager, disconnected from the internet and reinstalled everything on the disc. i then reformatted the device and had to go into settings on the portable device option in musicmatch and selected pss 110 rather than flash. the device works now although i had to select the 'add' from portable device rather than sending to it from musicmatch jukebox. hopen it works for you. you may have to keep selecting the pss option as it seemed to re-set itself as a flash device a few times. john