An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: my tv is broken
If still under warranty or if you have no electronic repair experience you should take the set back to the shop or to a repair person. Some of the solutions described below can be dangerous, TV's are very hazardous to service. Even when plugged out, TV's can store very high voltages.
Try the suggestions on this post from the Troubleshooting page:
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
early remotes work by infra red light ( small bulb or opening at the front of the remote )
turn on the camera of your cell phone -ipad and aim the remote at the camera lens
if you see a white spot on the screen when you press the remote button , it is working
Resetting the TV If the buttons on the remote AND the buttons on the TV case do not work (channels do not change and you cannot open or navigate the menu), the TV has stopped responding. Reset the TV as follows:
NOTE: Some TVs have a reset button. If available and accessible, try using the reset buttons before using the steps below. Using the reset buttons can save time.
1.Unplug the TV power cord from the power outlet. 2.Unplug any connected devices (DVD, Set-top boxes, etc...) 3.Press and hold the TV power button for five seconds. 4.Plug the TV power cord back into the power outlet and turn on the TV. 5.Open the on-screen menu to confirm that the TV is responding again. 6.Turn off the TV and reconnect the devices. 7.Turn on the TV.
Hello!! It should be pretty easy to get this programmed. Below are instructions to program the remote along with codes. I hope this helps!
1. Hold down the clear TV button until all lights light up at the top of the remote 2. Punch in a 3 digit code (provided below) 3. Press the # (POUND) button 4. Try powering the tv on/off, and the volume. If one or more of these functions do not work, start over from step 1 with a different code.
or if that doesn't work, here are the steps for a power scan. The remote scans the TV for the correct code.
1. Hold down the Clear TV button until all lights at the top of the remote light up
2. Press the red TV POWER button
3. Press and release the up arrow on the remote about once a second until the tv turns off.
4. When it turns off, press the # (Pound) button
5. Try powering the tv on/off, and try the volume. If one or more of these functions do not work, start over at step 1 again.
Make sure the AC cord is not loose or disconnected. Check to ensure the cord is firmly plugged into the outlet at one end, and firmly connected to your television at the other end. The AC cord connects to the television about midway across the back of the set, near the bottom of the back panel. The hole for the AC connection is shaped like a figure eight. Try powering up the TV with the cords firmly connected.
Check the "Main Power" to ensure it is on. Locate the button on the top of the television among the "Volume" and "Channel" buttons. Press the button to switch the television on. If the "Main Power" button is off the remote will not turn on the television. Wait to see if pressing "Main Power" will activate the TV.
Press "TV Power" on the remote control to power up the TV from stand-by mode. If the power light on the front of the television glows red when you press "TV Power" on the remote, press the "Main Power" button on top of the television to remove the TV from stand-by. If the TV is accidentally in stand-by mode it may not come on when pressing certain buttons.
Check the circuit board. If your set still won't turn on and you hear a clicking noise when you plug it in, you most likely have a defective circuit board.
Follows steps below to program your Insignia Converter Box:
1. Turn on your TV using your TV remote control and change its channel to 3 or 4.
2. Turn on the convert box; the blue light on the converter box is on. If you press the power button again, the red light on the converter box will be on, but do Not turn it to Red!!! Your insignia's other buttons will not response if it in red light mode!!!
3. Then press the Menu button on the Insignia remote control. A wizard will appear. The wizard does not appear if your TV is not in channel 3 or 4.
4. Follow the wizard instructions to scan channels.
Not all TVs are supported by our remotes. You can do a power scan to see if you can find one that works or you can get the newest remote type that supports a large array of TVs. The new rmote is a model 21 which will work in IR and UHF mode. To perform a power scan do the following: Press and hold the upper left TV button on the remote until all lights on top light up and release.Now press the small red TV button and release - the upper tv button should be lit solid. Now press the arrow up key slowly until set turns off. Once it does presss the arrow down key once and then the arrow up key and the TV should power on. Now press the pound sign and the rrecord button. Now press the upper SAT button and release . You should be able to control the set now. Thanks for using Fix Ya.
To program a TV you can use the code search option. You do this by making sure the TV is turned on then point the remote at the TV then press the TV button once, then press and hold down the set button until you see the RED l.e.d light blink twice, then enter the code 991. Next press the power button then the TV button continue doing that until the TV turn off, when it does press the set button. Press the power button and the TV should turn on again.