Whenever I type an exclaimation mark any programs running open as windows, typed again they all close. I am using a wireless key board but it also does it with hard wired key board. Seems to have started for no reason and can not find any thing as it being configured as a hotkey.
Also often have a process that keeps coming on uses upto 97% of CPU it shows as CISVC.EXE user SYSTEM memory usuage around 1000k it varies a little, have tried shutting down as many running system as I can but do not make any change to it
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: My exclaimation key works as a hotkey
Ahh the windows ep unexplained function?? Ive had loads of things like this in the past with xp I simply go to system in control panel and go to system restore to a date I remember all was well. Good Luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Are you using Windows Vista? If you are then go to
1. Click on PRINTERS.
2. When the Printer Properties come up, CLICK on KEY SETTINGS.
3. Then set up the keys by selecting the key to be setup. In your case look in the different Key setting drop downs and find which on has the period set and change it or DISABLE it.
-Click on run from start menu
-Administrative templates\Windows Components\Windows Explorer -Double click "Turn off Windows +X hotkeys"
- Try the different settings (i.e. not configured, disabled, etc) to see if any of these solve the problem