Everyone. Could you help me? One day, I turned on to listen to some music. Then after the RCA LYRA screen, the device suddenly comes up with message. "Failure to Load Files. Reset unit to resume operation. Update LyraHD system files of problem persists." Well so I tried to connect it to my computer. first I plugged in the USB cable after the error message but the computer won't recongnize a device at all.
What can I do?
My plan B
-Take the Hard drive out.
-Buy a Laptop to IDE Hard Drive Adapter.
-Clear the hard drive.
-Re-install new software.
-Close Mp3 player.
Would that work, in theory?
I was able to access the play list using Windows Media Player. I was trying to get the computer to recognize the player, and it wouldn't do it. I even downloaded the Lyra Personal Audio Player updater... that didn't work or recognize the player. Try the programs that are on your computer for playing MP3's.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When RCA first came out with the Lyra series the only way to get music onto the device was by using musicmatch jukebox that would convert your mp3 file to mpy before downloading it to the device. But now RCA has come out with a new firm ware update for these mp3 players that improved the players playback quality plus enabled it to use .WMA files. so first go to RCA support http://support.rcaaudiovideo.com/select.aspx?u=downloads and find your player and download the firmware upgrade and install to your player its very easy and instructions are at the same site. You can now convert your music to .wma or use the free Real player that will convert mp3 to wma at the kbps that you request before loading it on. If your music is all ready in wmaformat you can use windows media player to send the files to your player. One last thing the .wma files that you put on your Lyra player need to be at least 128kbps or higher enhanced playback quality of wma files (160 kbps to 256 kbps).
connect lyra to computer
go to my computer on your start menu
lyra will show up on other devices or portable devices
double click on the lyra icon
this will bring up another lyra icon right click on that
go down to the option format and select that
you will lose all of your music
solved my problem two hours after it started
this is the best solution
you have update your lyra rd 1080/rd 1090
for download the updating click her
and after instaling this update follwo instructions provided below
? To update your Lyra RD1080/RD1090, make sure you have it connected to the computer via the included USB cable. You will need to make sure that no external memory has been inserted and the Lyra RD1080/RD1090 display reads: "USB Connected Int. Mem". (If it does not, please refer to the users guide for the section on how to switch between internal and external memory.)
? Once connected, locate and run the Lyra Systems File Update Utility if it didn't open automatically. Installshield Wizard will have automatically created this icon on your desktop as well as under "Programs", "Lyra Personal Audio Player", "RD1080/RD1090" in your START menu.
? Click the "Refresh" button until the RD1080/RD1090 player shows up under device.
? Once displayed, highlight the drive letter by clicking on it, and click the "Update SYstem Files" button.
? When successfully completed, you will see the message, "The Lyra Personal Audio Player Device system files were successfully updated."
? Click the "OK" button, and then "Done". This will close the Lyra Systems File Update Utility.
? Disconnect the Lyra RD1080/RD1090 from the USB cable, turn the unit off and back on.
I actually fixed this!!! Mine had been giving me the "file system corrupted" error. So, I opened it up (unscrew the screw on the back, pry the back cover off with a small flat head screwdriver or a key, etc.) and saw that the connector between the CF drive and the motherboard had come apart.
I re-inserted the cable into the groove of the connector on the motherboard, pushed the broken/separated piece of plastic that serves as a retainer for the cable back down, held it in place, and taped it down with a 1/4 inch wide strip of duct tape (taped all the way around the connector/cable to help keep it in). I put the Lyra back together and then turned it on... and it WORKED! It came right on into the normal menu! Yay!
Good luck other people, I hope that this is the same thing that happened to your player and that you can also fix it! =)