Hi, my oven door does not close... i am able to take off the door, but i do not know how to access inside the latch where the door hinge would attach... i think i may be missing a spring or a hinge may be broken...
can you help...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Don't know what make or model you are dealing with, but from personal experience, here's what I dealt with.
- Oven door is mounted on spring loaded hinges. That's what keeps it in the closed position.
- To remove the door, it has to be fully opened, then lifted from close to the hinges, and slid out.
- To put the door back on, the hinges have to be in the "door open" position. Since they are spring loaded this can be tricky getting them into position.
- It's easier with a helper, one on each side....... slide the hinge legs into the slots. You'll need to lift the door slightly towards the closed position to allow the hinge legs to engage in the secure or latched position.
Hope this helps.
Either there's something inside that's stopping it closing properly or the hinges have been deformed and are not working correctly. So clear out the oven and try door. Otherwise inspect hinges carefully for deformation. If necessary remove door and hinges. Carefully try to reshape the hinges. If this fails you need new hinges
I am afraid that the door hinges are non adjustable, and the only solution is to replace them as a pair.
There should be some kind of latch mechanism at the end of the hinge
where it is fastened to the door to compress the hinge to enable you to remove them.
Hope this helps.
I had the same problem. The first time the Tech. came out, put a new hinge in and it held until Nov. 07. ( 8 months ). Then the left hinge brakes when I opend the door and it crashes to the floor. Bending the right hinge and the metal doorliner. Jan.7,08 everything was fixed. On 1/11 after no more then 10 openings & closings the hinge broke again. This time I heard the crack of the braking metal after opening the door 2 inches. It now sits in my kitchen propped-up with a stick, waiting for the repairman. I am sorry I have no solution , but there must be a problem with the hinges. I forgot to tell you that it started with a door that did not close, like yours.
This IS SO EASY !! I have the DACOR 48...no tools, 5 minutes and you are done! It took me 8 years of frustration and I fixed it TODAY !!
Just open the door, latch the small hook that binds the two hinges together. Next try to slowly close the door until resistance. Just when you think you might break something push up another 2 inches. Now lower the door , unhook the latch to seperate the hinges (latches) nad PRESTO a snug fit !!