Question about HP 645A Magenta Toner Cartridge (C9733A) for Color LaserJet 5500 Printer
The hp color laser jet 5500n printer intermittently prints a uniform background image of text or graphics already printed. It is not the same as ghosting caused by defective fuser assembly. As an example, the configuration page prints the heading "hp color laser jet 5500" this has a uniform and clear,almost 3D image printer in light magenta behind the blue". I checked the toner cartridges and the transfer assy.
I can see a couple of possibilities here. One: The cleaning blade for the drum could be damaged and not all of the toner is being cleaned off of the drum between pages. Two: The drum could be damaged and the damaged parts of the drum are not accepting the changes generated by the laser. I don't think you have a fuser problem because if it were that, the toner would probably smear when you touch it. Typically, I would say it is the toner cartridge but you replaced it and still got the same problem. I would inspect the drum cleaning blade first. That would be the most cost effective first option. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Posted on Jun 21, 2007
SOURCE: Page count unreasonable
Re you using genuine HP NEW cartridges? If not, you must make sure that whoever has re manufactured the ones you are using has replaced the chip on the cartridge. This tells the machine how many copies are on the cartridge.
Posted on Nov 15, 2007
SOURCE: HP Color Laser Jet 1600 Problem
Hey I have 1 problem I have the printer of 2600n when i give print Command of RED Colour its come orange and right side i get light print and left side i get little dark print , what is the problem i don't understand any can help me . Thank u Morgan.M
Posted on Jun 26, 2008
HP 4550 Color Laserjet Printer - Blank or white pages :
01. Your software application is sending an extra page-eject command.
02. Check the software’s printing configuration information. There is a problem with the network configuration.
03. Some sharing devices on networks may generate a blank page as a separator.
04. Check with the network administrator.
05. The printer may be feeding two or more pages at once because the paper is difficult to separate.
06. The sealing tape has been left in the toner cartridge.
07. The toner cartridge is empty or defective.
08. The laser scanner door does not open properly.
09. Remove and reseat the toner cartridge.
10. Check the laser scanner shutter door for proper operation.
11. The toner cartridge guide is damaged,
improperly positioned, or missing.
12. There is no transfer roller voltage.
13. Perform the Half Self-Test Functional Check to check all other electrophotographic processes.
14. Replace the transfer roller if necessary.
15. The high-voltage connectors are mounted on the high-voltage power supply (HVPS) PCA and protrude into the toner cartridge cavity.
16. Check the springs for functionality. Clean if dirty; replace if defective or missing.
The HVPS PCA is defective.
17.The DC controller PCA is defecti There is no drum ground path.
18 Check the drum ground.
19. The laser scanner cable assembly is defective
20 The page length and margins are not set correctly for the paper size. Verify that the ribbon connector at J1307 of the HVPS is
21. If the HVPS has been removed recently, verify that the ribbon connector from the DC controller PCA to the HVPS is properly
seated at both ends..
22. Verify that the photoconductive drum is rotating properly. Perform is the drum diagnostic test to visually observe if the drum is rotating.
23. OR using a felt-tipped marker place an index mark on the edge of the drum outside the image area. Turn on the printer (wait for
drum rotation to occur), and then look to see if the drum has
24. moved. If the drum has not moved, investigate the mechanical
and electrical drum rotation circuitry and movement mechanisms.
25. The imaging drum shutter may not be retracting. Replace the imaging drum.
26. Lst but not the least, please fry to have the Printer int the Setcie
27. Use only HP Authorized Genuine catridges only
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!