Most suites or programs of Microsoft Office 2007 allows user to
evaluate the product. The trial version of 2007 Microsoft Office system
can be installed by using a 25-character trial product key available
from Microsoft while you download the free Office software
, and you can use the Microsoft Office 2007 suite or program with full functionality for 60 days.
You may have the Office 2007 CD and are able to install Office 2007
without entering product key. However, Office 2007 will work in reduced
functionality mode, where it’s effectively just a viewer for Office
documents. Beside, if you forget the trial product key, or don’t wish to
register a Windows Live ID to get the trial key, here’s the trick to
activate Office 2007, or more correctly, bypass the activation of Office
2007 60 days trial, and making the “trial” word disappear from the
Office title at the top and suppress activation and trial expiry prompt.
Note that to use Microsoft Office 2007 beyond 60 days trial period, you need to purchase a valid license for it, available from Amazon
or most computer retail store.
To use this hack to crack activation on Office 2007, you need to
install Office 2007 without any serial number or product key. If you
have installed Office 2007 with a product key or serial number, do the
following to clean remove Office 2007 of product key:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications.
- Run Register Editor by clicking on Start -> Run, and then type “regedit” in the Open box and press Enter key.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
Note that inside the registry key, there should be another subkey that resembles the following:
- If there is more than one registry entries or subkeys that reference
Microsoft 12.0 registration, open up each subkey, and then identify the
product by the ProductName value data until you locate the subkey for
the product which you want to remove the existing product license key.
Product Name=Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
Product Name=Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Once found the correct registry subkey, delete the following values:
- Close Registry Editor.
Once Microsoft Office 2007 has been installed with no product key, proceed with the following steps:
- In Windows Explorer, brose to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Proof.en\
- Right click on Proof.XML file, select “Open With…” in the right click menu.
- In the “Open With” window, select Notepad to be used to open the XML
file. In Vista, if you can’t see the Notepad option, simply double
click the “Other Programs” to unhide it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Proof.XML to locate the following lines:
</Feature> <Feature Id=”SetupXmlFiles” Cost=”1248′>
- Change the AlwaysInsalled to neverInstalled so that the line looks like following:
- Save the Proof.xml file. In Windows Vista, you may need to take
ownership and grant full access permission to yourself before able to
modify the file.
- You can now launch Microsoft Office 2007 application such as Word,
Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and etc without prompting for activation.
As usual, as it’s a hack, and before you purchase a valid product key
for it, you won’t be able to AND can’t access any updates or Microsoft
Note: The hack may work for 60 days only. To make this hack fully
working, try to delete additional file below, probably has to be deleted
every two months:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\opa12.dat
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA (for Windows 7 and Vista)
Disclaimer: This article is for educational and informational purpose only.