Question about Garden
This is how to solve the stiff Makita plunge saw easily!!!
I've just carried out the following steps and it's like a new saw.
Clear a table top and grab the following tools:
Philips screw driver
4mm allen key
grease- i used silicone grease
1. Take the base off the saw by removing the 4 x obvious screws.
2. If you look at the saw, you'll see that is pivots on a single pin at the rear. You'll also notice that there is a 4mm allen screw driven into that pin.
3. Remove the 4mm allen screw.
4. Fill the screw hole with grease and drive the 4mm allen screw back in (it'll force grease along the pin internally). Do this 3 or 4 times.
5. Work the mechanism back and forth as if you're plunging the saw- you'll notice that it becomes so much more easy to move.
6. Wipe away the black dirty grease that you have forced out of the pin. Reinsert the 4mm allen screw and tighten
7. refix the base and spring.
8. Job done.
This actually bugged me for ages until i finally decided to have a look and see what the issue was.
Posted on Feb 07, 2019
Is there not a <akita Dealer near you? If not, there are a number of advertisers on FixYa who sell parts for tools. Alternately try Google, Yahoo or similar/
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
Look at the pivot point on the rear of the miter saw for the push/pull locking pin. The pin is there so you can lock the saw in the down position for easier carrying. To unlock the saw, simply pull the locking pin out (Makita calls this the "stopper pin"). Then you can use the saw and easily raise and lower it for cutting.
As you might find it helpful to have, I have included a link from the Makita web site for a free copy of the owners manual that you can print or save for future use and reference. It has some handy info on use and care of your saw.
Hope you find this Very Helpful and best regards!
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2017 | Makita Saws
Oct 05, 2015 | Makita SP6000K1 6-1/2" Plunge Circular Saw...
Aug 15, 2015 | Makita 5007NB 7-1/4 inch Circular Saw
Mar 05, 2013 | Makita LS1013FL 10" Slide/Compound Miter...
Jan 22, 2013 | Makita 7 1/4" Circular Saw 5007NB
Apr 14, 2010 | Makita 10" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound...
Sep 20, 2009 | Makita 10" Miter Saw LS1030N
Jul 05, 2009 | Saws
Oct 22, 2020 | Troy Garden
899 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!