My washing machine will not empty the fabric softner from the drawer. I have cleaned the drawer out and removed the blue inner drawer, however it still won't empty. The drawer does not seem blocked in any way, and if i pour water down the hole in the drawer it runs into the machine. Could there be a blockage further down preventing the water comong into the drawer to wash out the softner, if so how do I solve this?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Fabric Softner drawer
The detergent dispenser is located above the detergent drawer.
A water pipe is connected to it and water enterence and distribution to drawer's cells (following the programmed cycle)are
done by a lever's movment (part of the dispenser). The lever movment is controlled by two solenoids that received their power from the timer.
By openning upper machine's cover you will have an access to the dispenser.
Dissconect the power cable from the machine before moving to next tests !!!!
Look first that they are not any disconnected wires.
Move manually dispenser's lever and see if water running to all cells (depend on your movment). In case it doesn't work properly remove the unit from the machine and try to clean it (I hope it will help, otherwise you should replace the unit).
In case it works properly (manually) - you should test by a multi-tester solenoid's resistance. the one that doesn't have a resistance measurement should be replaced.
Good luck !!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi not sure how these work as we dont have them in the UK. With UK machines the soap and fabric softner are put into a drawer that pulls out the front of the machine. When softner and soap arnt going into machine properly we take drawer out and wash it in warm water, you usually find a lot of gunk built up blocking it, perhaps you have a similar problem. Hope this helps
Remove drawer/ look inside opening of washer ( at the top of opening inside) there is small little holes for the water to come through to fill the fabric softner spot and also bleach spot and detrgent spot. Holes may be pluged use a old tooth bush or some item to clean holes..Hope that helps thanks for voting.
I had this problem also. I pulled the drawer out, then removed the softener assembly. (the blue piece) In the front there is a hole that lets the softener liquid drain into the funnel to go into the machine. It was clogged with a little bit of dried up softener liquid. Cleared that and it worked fine. We've had the washer for 3 years and have had to do this several times. Seems to be a problem.
hi, nikoltheis! i'm not sure if we have exactly the same model, but it should be pretty close. here's what my user's manual says:
Detergent and fabric softner may build up in the dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed once or twice a month
- Remove the drawer by first sliding the safety latch to the right, then pulling the drawer out until it stops.
- Reach back into the left rear corner or the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer.
- Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softner compartments.
- Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softner residue may indicate improper dilution or that more frequent cleaning is required.
- To clean the drawer opening (the empty area left behind when you remove the drawer) use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all the residue from the upper and lower parts of the recess. (The picture shows this being done with a tooth brush.)
- Replace the insert pressing "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
I had a similar problem and removed the complete dispenser drawer and washed it in with hot water. The small inner cups for the fabric softener and bleach should be removed and the hot water directed into the small "stand pipes" on the back side of the covers. It appears the fluids in the cups are siphoned out and if the pipes are clogged at the bottom there will be no flow. Also is the plate is not fully seated, the siphon effect is will not work.
Also, my wife said she does not use the cheaper brands of fabric softener anymore because we think that might have caused some of the clogging.
As a side note, if you remove the top of the washer, there is an adjustable dial where you can fine tune the amount of liquid dispenced. You can try adjusting that too. I think my final fix was to clean the back side of the face plates inside the dispenser and ensure they are fully seated to allow the proper siphon effect.