Question about Computers & Internet
To connect to the Internet you need a few extra things aswell as a network or wireless card and install the LAN or wireless driver.
1. You need to sign up with an Internet service provider.
2. Connect a LAN cable from your computer to the DSL or cable modem
3. You need a DSL or cable modem and connect and configure the modem to inaccordance with your Internet service provider's instructions.
4. Install Internet Explorer if it has not been done.
5. If everything has been done correctly, when you open Internet Explorer youcan access the Internet.If you have a wireless router and it is connected to the DSLor cable modem then -
To connect to yourwireless router, the router needs its wireless settings to be configuredwith the SSID, encryption key etc., also the wireless cards in all thelaptops/computers needs to be configured with these router's wireless settings.Then the laptops/desktop computers can communicate with your wireless router.
Posted on Dec 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!