- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to align a printer everytime you put a new cartridge in. It is a 2 step process
1 the printer will print an alignment page - usually coloured squares.
2 You then scan this page back into the printer - alignment is then complete.
this is the link to the manual page 42 through 44 explain about installing a new cartridge and the alignment process.
1. Please Load a plain paper.
2. Press and hold the "Scan" button for three seconds.
3. An alignment page prints.
4. Place the alignment page onto the scanner glass.
5. Press the "Scan" button.
6. Once scanning is complete, the cartridge has been aligned for optimal print quality. Alignment must be complete before continuing with any print jobs.