Question about Maytag Washing Machines
Unplug the washer. Then plug it back in and press the button that turns it off. This should unlock the door. Same thing happened on mine and there was a kink in the drain hose. Once I unkinked the hose, unplugged it, plugged it back in, turned it off, then I was able to run a drain & spin cycle to get the water out of the load that was in the washer. I then ran a full wash cycle (they'd gotten stuck in the first drain & spin cycle of a wash) and everything seems to be fine now.
Posted on Dec 28, 2012
You tube the problem
Posted on Dec 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2016 | Maytag Washing Machines
Oct 01, 2013 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 10, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 13, 2011 | Bosch Nexxt 300 Series WFMC2201UC
To Manually unlock the door lock system:
1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
2. Remove the lower toe panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front panel and locate the bottom of the door latch assembly.
4. Located on the bottom of the door latch assembly is a tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about ¼" or until a click is heard.
6. The door may now be opened.
May 06, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Apr 18, 2011 | Washing Machines
Nov 10, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Sep 13, 2010 | Maytag MAH8700A Front Load Washer
Jan 13, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jan 20, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
1,002 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!