Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Running WMP Version 9.Hoping to solve this without getting WMP 10. I have also set hidden files to show and like I said I tried USB Auto and MSC. Any ideas? I do not want to reset player, I am hoping to get the Music folder to show so I can move some to a different MP3 player. Also tried 3 PCs no change.
I can help with the reset problem. You have to format your player by right clicking on the Sansa icon. This will erase all your files, so back them up if you wish to keep them. The folder stucture on the Sansa is not very logical and I still haven't figured it out. I have had my player almost 2 months now. hope this helps. J
Posted on Jan 25, 2007
We had the same problem with Windows XP. We found some help on the Sandisk web site. On the device go to the Settings menu, then USB. We changed from AutoDetect to MSC mode and everything is working again. Our computer saw all of the songs on our computer fine. Some of the old songs on the Sansa didn't show up on the detect list in Windows Media Player, but they were still on the device.
Posted on May 17, 2008
SOURCE: sansa c140 is not starting.
Download this file:
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode).
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: