Question about Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
When i switch my tomtom one xl on its freezing on the start up screen
OK... I found an amature solution;
- Do a soft reset of the system, with the paperclip (see tomtom site)
- Put the device on the docking station and connect it to power as well as to your computer. While it's turned off
- Turn on the TOMTOM while connected to the computer
- Start the TOMTOM Home software
- And it made connection again
- Disconnect the device via the software
- Take the device out of the docking station
- Turn it off and on once
This worked for me, my next step would have been the support desk. Grtz Derk
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
The TomTom website provides this solution and it worked for me. Basically, you un-install the navigation software and re-install it. Here's a link to their tutorial.
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
1) Format the Memory Card via Windows
2) Remove Card/Device from Computer
3) Plug Device/Card into Computer
4) Open up TOMTOM Home
5) It most likely will not recognise the Card/Device as a TOMTOM but will update it to a previous firmware. Keep following On-Screen prompts until fully updated.
6) Unplug your Card/Device, turn on and enjoy :)
Hope this helps!
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
Just bought tom tom XL, 2 weeks ago, only used one week, and had freezing problems after I upgraded it....I am in Alaska..now the support team is out of service for two days. I let the battery run out, this did not help. I also tried the reset trick...no good....guess I have to return it?
Posted on Nov 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2010 | Tomtom XL IQ Routes GPS Receiver
Mar 25, 2010 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Dec 31, 2009 | Tomtom ONE XL GPS
Apr 28, 2009 | Tomtom ONE XL GPS
Apr 06, 2008 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
13,285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!