2820 error 2
Kevin_Trenow is correct with his solution to the HP colour Laserjet 2820 error code 5 problem - Thank you.
The symptoms are that the machine turns on but after initial movement of the lighted up scanner, there is a disturbing ratcheting noise as if the scanner is trying to move but can't. The machine comes up with error 5 and suggests turning off and on again - this is a waste of time.
1. The top document feeder is released by detaching the multiplug and simply (carefully) removing the whole section.
2. This allows the removal of 8(?) screws from the second layer which contains the glass platform. The screw heads were removed using a star drive, labelled CR-V T10. (Buy Draper 31 piece Precision Screwdriver and Bit set; part no. PSS31)
3. Carefully lever off the grey surround with button labels on it - probably between 6 and 8 clips attach it.
4. Now lift/gently lever off the glass containing layer.
5. Use a spectacle wipe or erquivalent to wipe the glass over the white strip (This is the problem - the scanner light needs feedback from the white strip to end up in the correct position - the 'ratcheting noise is caused as the stepper motor continually moves the head to find the feedback point)
NB. The glass above the white strip will look perfectly clean - looks can deceive!
6. Replace the glass containing layer, ensuring it is clipped in - don't screw up yet in case more cleaning is required
7. Turn on and the scanner light should end up in the required position.
8. Replace screws, replace lid, push on grey panel and you should have a fully working machine for the price of a spectacle wipe.
Mar 13, 2012 |
HP LaserJet 2820 Printer