Question about DeLonghi Magnifica 3300 Espresso Machine
Our area has some of the softest water possible, didnt even register a hardness on the test strip that delonghi give you, the light was set to the lowest hardness setting.The light has come on after a set number of cups, i tried running the descale program but it does not switch off the light, any ideas?
Posted on Jan 31, 2016
You are not completing the descale program. See below.
Due to the continuous heating of the water used to make the coffee, over
time it is normal for the tubing inside the machine to fill with lime scale.
When the light starts flashing( chap. 12-point 5), it is time to descale
NOTE: when the light switches on, the coffee maker can still be used to
Proceed as follows:
• Empty the tank and pour in the contents of one bottle (125 ml) of
DURGOL descaler plus one liter of water. For subsequent descaling
operations, descaling solution can be purchased from authorised
technical service centres.
NB: Make sure splashes of descaler do not fall onto surfaces sensitive
to acid such as marble, limestone and glaze.
• place a container with a minimum capacity of 1.5 litres under
the milk frother (Fig. 3);
• turn the machine on by pressing the button (Fig. 4).
• wait for the green and indicator lights to come on steady.
• press and hold the button for at least 5 seconds (Fig.14). The
light inside the button switches on (chap. 11 - point 8) to indicate
the start of the descaling program (the and lights remain
off to indicate that it is not possible to make coffee).
• turn the steam knob half a turn anticlockwise (Fig.5). The
descaling solution will come out of the milk frother and start to
fill the container underneath.
• the descaling program automatically performs a series of deliveries
and pauses, so as to remove the lime scale deposits from
inside the coffee maker.
The two red buttons
The two red buttons
• after around 30 minutes, when the light comes on (chap. 12 - GB
point 1), turn the steam knob half a turn clockwise (Fig.6) until it
The machine must be rinsed so as to eliminate the residues of descaling
solution from inside the machine. Proceed as follows:
• remove the water tank, rinse it and fill it with clean water.
• reposition the tank.
• empty the collection container (located under the milk frother) that is
full of liquid, and then replace it under the milk frother.
• turn the steam knob half a turn anticlockwise (Fig. 5). Hot water will
come out of the milk frother and fill the container underneath.
• when the tank is empty, the light goes off and the light
comes on (chap. 12 - point 1).
• turn the steam knob all the way clockwise (Fig. 6) and fill the water
tank with clean water again.
• the program of descaling is hour terminated and the machine is
ready per do again the coffee.
NOTE: if the descaling procedure is stopped before completion, the
alarm (chap. 12 - point 5) is not deactivated and the procedure
must be started again form the beginning.
IMPORTANT: THE GUARANTEE IS NOT VALID IF THE ABOVE DESCALING OPERATION
IS NOT PERFORMED REGULARLY.
Posted on Jan 28, 2012
I would move the machine to another room and use a couple of cups of plain white vinegar and let it sit overnight before running the cycle again. The mild acid should remove the calcium buildup.
Posted on Mar 14, 2010
I started the descaling process as according to manual. I tried running water through every 6 hours or so, however it kept coming up dry. I left the water in for a total of 2 days before finally the water managed to come through.
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
the best and cheapest descaler is vinegar. Let it sit in the machine for a couple of hours and then run it through a few times. Works wonderfully!
Posted on May 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2018 | Krups Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Jul 30, 2016 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Jan 11, 2018 | Gaggia Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Jan 22, 2013 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Aug 20, 2011 | DeLonghi Magnifica 3300 Espresso Machine
May 26, 2011 | Gaggia Platinum Vogue 90800 Espresso...
Feb 25, 2011 | Keurig B60 Coffee Maker
May 24, 2009 | Starbucks Saeco Italia Digital Barista...
Apr 13, 2009 | Keurig Special Edition B60 Coffee Maker
Jul 11, 2014 | DeLonghi Magnifica 3300 Espresso Machine
21,223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: