Question about Abit Computers & Internet
I think is a bios problem, a ram failiure would be C1 post code.If the bios is corrupted, try a blind bios update or if it doesn't want to, you must do a hot flash update.For more details google search for award bios hot flash.Or dump it and buy a new one.Usually when the post doesn't change at all or if it stops to 90 is a bios problem.I had a similar problem, mine hang at 90-after a complete check of uguru.In your case might also be the uguru chip.I hot flashed the bios.I used an abit nf7s 2.0 to start and then put in my bios.It worked and i also made a backup.Your chip is Winbond-4 mb capacity.
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
I still did not find beep code that match your problem..
Anyways here are the common beep codes for your motherboard.. it might help you too.
1. No beep - no reaction, the mother board is dead, power supply problem, processor and or ram problem.
2. 1beep - board is working fine.
3. One long beep then it shuts down - cpu problem, your processor is not working or missing.
4. 1short beep - system boots normally
5. 2short beeps - CMOS setting error.
6. 1long 1short beep - dram error
7. 1long 2 short beep - video card or monitor not connected
8. 1long 3 short beep - keyboard error.
9. 1long 9short beep - ROM error
10. Long beep - memory card is missing or not connected
11. Short beep - power supply error
12 Four beeps - there is no fan detected on Fan1 or Fan2 header. make sure to attach or reset CMOS bios to factory setting.
Hope this gave you an idea of your problem..
Much appreciated if you rate this help..thanks..
Posted on May 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: