The freezer is running, and the light is all coming on but it is not freezing the contents in the freezer?
Hi and welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly
If your sure the compressor is running and it is not freezing then there has to be a system coolant leak.
Having said that there are a few things to check:
1. Is the compressor in fact running Y / N
a. Yes = coolant level problem or coolant system blockage
b. Not running = (Possibilites below)
1) PTC / Klixon Thermal overload failure
2) Run capacitor failure
3) Temp control failure
4) Automatic defrost thermostat or thermistor
5) Defrost timer or Adaptive defrost control failure (depending on model)
2. Is the compressor very hot to the touch or room temp?
a. VERY hot = unplug the unit for at least 30 minutes and then plug it back in.
b. ROOM temp = any of the above in 1b items 1) - 5)
3. Is the evaporator fan running?
a. Yes = Temp control is ok Defrost system is probably ok
b. No = same as 2b
With a model number I could pass on a few additional things to do. For the moment use the above.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Oct 18, 2010 |
Kenmore 20.3 cu. ft. / 575 liter Upright...