An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: SONY KIDNEY BEAN MP3 PLAYER WET and Dead
The main point is to act quickly, not to give the chemicals time to react. The longer you leave it before you did all you could, the more time you gave corrusion and other such reactions to take place.
in any case of dropping into liquid follow these steps:
Remove the battery immediately; rinse in distilled water. Why? Distilled water isn't ionised and has a high breakdown dielectric; ordinary tap water is ionised and conductive.
leave it in your airing cupboard for a week to dry (if there's any sign of damp anywhere, just put it back in the cupboard for another week). Reattach battery. If it doesn't appear to malfunction (bear in mind the battery may be flat), try putting it on the charger. If it appears to charge (and holds the charge), and still works, you've probably got away with it.
If dropped into a soft or sweet drink rinse more thoroughly in distilled water before drying. Carbonated, sugared drinks and hot, sweet coffee are the worst. You may be lucky if it survives.
If the liquid is greasy (e.g. coffee with cream, soup etc.) You can use a mix of iso-propyl alcohol and water. IT types use it to clean computers. The water dissolves all the water soluble sugar etc. and the IPA dissolves the grease.
A word of advice for the future: leather cases (the ones with leather, not elastic, sides) are your friend. They can protect from splashes and even brief immersion.
Ok.i accidently left my mp3 in my jeans and it went through the washer.i pulled it out and it didnt work.it turns on,but i cant listen to music, or anythin at all?oh and i got a 1 year warranty,but i misplaced the receipt.im freakin out here cuz my parents got me it for my b day, and i dont want them to no.wat should i do??
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Good morning, afternoon, evening or night; whatever time of day you are reading this solution post. Thank you for choosing FixYa to assist you with your problem. Your Sony Walkman Bean NW-E305 (512 MB) MP3 Player won't charge properly? Well Danish, we must use a method called troubeshooting to figure out and solve this situation. There are several reasons why this player may not be charging properly. The cause is either coming from the battery inside of your MP3 Player, a bad or faulty USB cable connection, or something (software) isn't installed correctly. Let's look at the first cause- The battery. The battery life may be gone. If it is, you will need to replace it if possible. Your device takes a
Install Sonic Stage software cd in computer or click Sony Support to download Sonic Stage software by selecting OS in drop down list. After installation, plug MP3 player in computer and transfer mp3 files in player, Sonic Stage will take care of no data format problem as well.
was it washed? if it was you should have waited to try and turn it on. if it was wet same deal. if it was never washed or wet and its still having issues you have a major problem. even an error-ed mp3 player will respond to being plugged in. unfortunately short of calling in on a warranty or returning it for a replacement to the retailer you purchased it from there is not a lot that you can do. a dead battery would leave a player that will respond to being plugged in but will die upon unplug, and an error-ed one will do something when plugged in. does the PC recognize it? it could be a broken screen although them just dieing is rare. sorry if this doesn't answer your problem, but i hope it does.
The most common cause is a flat battery. There is a trick to charging
the battery in these small mp3 players. It wont charge if it is turned
on, and it won't charges if it's turned off. Here what to do...
1. plug the payer into your USB port. or wall charger
2. switch thje palyer on using the mechanical switch (on the side)
3. turn it off by either holding down the play button, or selecting
"System" from the menu
4. The screen will go black and the battery will begin charging.
sounds like your SOL and even if it could be repaired it'd cost more than a new one, best thing to do when something like that gets wet is to disassemble it, remove battery and let it dry out ASAP!, i've saved many electronic devices in this way.
got the same fuckin' problem with mine .
my Gf got one too and is stuck with the same problem.
we think we may have exposed our devices to one overcharge.
kinda forget it plugged to the pc for a few hours...
says full when we connect it to the pc (mine). but stays off when i retire it from the usb connection.
My gf's: won't recognise it anymore on our owns computers...