Try these things:
1. place a doc to scan in the scanner. Close the lid and hit MENU, COPY document, START.
If that doesn't work you'll need to contact kodak. If it does then try this next:
2. Check for ADMINISTRATOR rights.
Then try scanning again. If it still doesn't work then-
Reload the driver:
- RIGHT CLICK on the kodak icon and select Properties > Compatibility tab > Run this program as an administrator
- Select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
- click APPLY
- click OK
If it still doesn't work then you'll need to take it in for service.
- select Start > Run.
- Type %windir%, then click OK.
- Double-click twain_32.
- Right-click Kodak, then select Delete.
- Insert the KODAK All-in-One Printer Software CD into the appropriate drive, then go to (cd drive: > printer > scanner.
Double-click aioscannr.msi, then follow the instructions to remove it
- Then go to cd drive: > printer > scanner, then double-click aioscannr.msi, and follow the instructions to install the file.
- Open Home Center Software
- Select Scan Documents and Pictures.
- Scan a document