Question about Nextel i730
Hey i have the lg vu and i got in a quad accident and was knocked unconcious in the canal and i had my vu in my pocket. after i got out of the hospital i did this.
i took the battery out immediatelly.
took the 6 screws out of the back. (take the four visible ones off first) (then the two under the panel)
then i took some alchohol and put it all over the circuit board.
then ran to the hair dryer and blew the phone til my hand was burning.
then screw and assemble everything back the way itwas.
after that u leave the battery out and set it on top of your dryer and put some clothes over the top while it is going. the next morning put yor battery in and turn it on.
my screen still has bubbles of water kindof under the sceen but it works. im so happy.
but hey if it dosnt work. you are pretty much screwed nothing else yo can do can help.
do not put in the freezer. and if available put the phone in a bowl of rice. it will get all the moisture out of your phone.
Posted on Jun 21, 2009
Dunk the phone in metholated spirits (it is alchole which will eveporate and evaporate the water) a few times and the put ur hair dryer on cold and dry it. now because water and electricity dont like to meet you have shorted your battery which means you will have to charge ur battery for a while before your fone will operate then use ur sxc water fixed phone
Posted on Dec 17, 2007
I forget my LG Vu (CU920) was in my pocket and I jumped in the pool. I
was in the pool for about 10 minutes before I realized. It was full of
water. I took the battery out as soon as I realized it. HERES HOW I
Step 1- I took it home, removed the screws on the back panel, and removed it. Now the entire back casing was off.
Step 2- I put the phone and battery (separate) in a bowl of uncooked rice. Sounds crazy but this absorbs all of the water. I left it in there for 2 days.
Step 3- After 2 days, I put the battery back in and everything turned on. Only problem was there was a big bubble in my LCD screen. I then took the phone apart further by popping of the front casing of the phone. I then try to get underneath the LCD to air it out, but I accidentally broke the LCD screen (inside the phone...not plastic outer screen).
Step 4- I went online and purchased a new LCD screen for around $40 from a cel phone parts website. I got it and installed it which was not too hard. You just have to remove all the visible screws (i believe there are 6) from the back side. Then pop off the front cover and the rest is pretty obvious.
Step 5- Put it all back together and it all worked again!
Step 6- My battery soon died after of all this...Im guessing from the water damage. I bought a new one online for around 20 bucks. Now the phone is good as new.
All in all spent 60 bucks and revived the Vu from water damage!!!!!!!!!
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
Well Windman, you did provide a better fix than dousing the phone with flammable and corrosive rubbing-alcohol before roasting the circuitry with heat, but you still opted for a heat solution. A safer, albeit odd, solution is to bury the phone in dry (white?) rice and let it dry for a day or three within a sealed container. Also, cleaning might be best used if done before initial drying. Anyway, what is a 'spry conductor'? Also, is english not your first language? If so, you do rather well for yourself. If it is, well... I'm glad I was home-schooled. Public school's a pain, no? Well, hope this helps somebody, TechnoWolfy.
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, VARDA!!! I was SO terrified! I dropped my phone in the potty. It was DISGUSTING! But I was too busy freaking out about the fact that my phone was in jeopardy to worry about the fact that I was plunging my hand into a bowl of my own...well... anyway, I'm 17, so obviously, my phone is my LIFE. I even seriously thought about paying to back my contact list up on the internet just the other day, and I've spent the past 30 minutes (or maybe 20...feels like it's been hours!) cursing myself for NOT backing everything up! But wow! I am SO greatful to you!! My fingers are blistered from the hairdryer, but it was SO worth it! THANKS AGAIN!! ~Emily
Posted on Dec 07, 2007
Open it an shake it dry blow on it and close it carefuly then charge for an hour.
Posted on Apr 17, 2007
As soon as it becomes damaged by water, take apart the battery from the cell phone and get a hair dryer. Once the phone is entirely dry, put the battery back in and see if it works. If it does not work, then take apart the battery yet again, and grab a small screwdriver, small enough to open the screws on the back of your phone underneath the battery. Unscrew all four screw (or however many you have) and open up the back of the phone (may be difficult but give it a good rip) Once the back of the phoen is open, take an droplet or turkey baster if u can't find a droplet and grab some isopuryl alcohol. Get enough isopuryl alcohol in the droplet to coast a good layer over the back of your phone, over all the circuits. Give it a good coating, then grab a hair dryer, and dry it until it is burning your hand. screw the back of the phone back together, put your battery back on, then let the phone set for a good couple of hours, maybe even over night, some work right away. turn the phoen back on and it should work
Posted on Apr 30, 2006
Hi 1 thing... why the heck did you listen to him? there's a small chance this will work but give it a shot: take apart the battry look in the battry socket, there are "star" screws inside buy a screwdeiver with that head open the phone (after removing the screws) gently shove a flat blade in the side shell if you will use force you will brake the little tabs which holds the two half shells in place opened it ? good now take apart what you can and place it screen up ontop a heat producer (radiator ....) soo it can dry after its nice and baked seek for corrosion on the little soldering and on the battry clean it all WELL!! take a spry conductor and give it hell assemble the whole thing togheter (gently) try first with the AC adapter most likely it will start but the mic or\and speaker wont if soo buy only these and change them good luck
Posted on Apr 09, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!