My boss has a PalmOne Treo 650 which is not functioning. The problem was preceded with a question mark appearing on the screen. It now doesn't want to "boot up" and flickers between the start and power screens.
We have taken battery out and in and performed a number of resets, soft and hard without success.
Any info would be gratefully received.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Question Mark error
try "Power Down Reset":
then try this:
hope this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When the first screen flashes, as the bar is loading, hold up. Let go once the bar finishes. If that doesn't work you may need to hard reset. Just google how to give it a hard reset and remember that you will lose everything that isn't backed up if you do.
my treo 650 just turned of the light of the screen.thought it was only battery.i pulled out the battery then put it back again,the light is on and say palmOne with a bar loading.then the light was gone again.try to sign on but nothing does
I was ready to give up completely. Uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing worked.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now.
This worked for me. I hope it helps with your errors.