Here is the instruction on how to do the factory data reset when a customer locks the system and lost his security password/pattern. This instruction works for MID7016 and MID7022. An end user must follow each step precisely. Otherwise, he/she will not access to the system menu mode.
- Connect the AC power adapter.
- Turn on the system.
- Press and hold the power button until the popup window of "Device options" appears on the screen.
- Select the "Power off" option from the popup window. You will see another popup window of "Power off".
- Select the "OK" option. The unit will turn off.
- While holding down the "BACK" button, press and hold the "POWER" button until Coby logo appears on the screen.
- Release both buttons once you see Coby logo on the screen and wait for a while. The Coby logo screen will change to Android logo.
- Wait about 15 seconds after you see Android logo. (Do not press any button while waiting. If you do, you will not be able to access to the system menu.)
- Press the "BACK" button once. The system menu screen will appear on the screen.
- Choose the "wipe data/factory reset" by using the "HOME" and "MENU" buttons. (The "MENU" button will allow you to browse down through the option list, while the "HOME" button will allow you to browse up through the list.)
- Press the "BACK" button once you select the "wipe data/factory reset" option. The confirmation message will appear on the screen with YES or NO option.
- Choose the "Yes - delete all user data" option by using the "HOME" and "MENU" buttons.
- Press the "BACK" button once the "Yes - delete all user data" option is selected. It will perform the factory data reset. Wait until it is done. Once it is done, the main system menu will appear on the screen again, and the "reboot system now" option will be selected as a default. If not, you will need to select the "reboot system now" option from the list.
- Press the "BACK" button to reboot the system. The system will reboot with the initial factory data setting. All user data will be lost.
Give the reboot at least 5 minutes. Do not assume the unit has frozen