An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: lcd screen blank
yes salt water is very dangerous for any electronic device
and it is possible that you will need to install a new LCD
but first try changing the battaries to brand new 1's
a little slap on the bottom side will maybe do the job
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dec 8, 2015 - There is no picture or a black screen appears in the viewfinder or LCDwhen attempting to ... Look to see if an image can be seen in the viewfinder or LCD. IMPORTANT: Some camcorders have both a viewfinder and LCD.
It is damaged and must be replaced. If the LCD screen is the only issue I'd be surprised. Saltwater is extremely corrosive to electronic parts. If enough water got on the LCD to cause damage chances are very good it got into the camera as well.
Hi, It is problem of lcd screen that will be replaced to get correct picture view. Local camera repair shop will replace it or if you have expertise then can replace lcd screen by yourself. Let me know if you need part number of lcd screen for DSC-S930 camera. Thanks.
You have inserted battery in your camera after splashing water onto it. Switching ON the device caused short in the circuit. It needs to be send for service (repair), there is no other way to fix the problem.
Rating the solution is highly appreciated....Good Luck
Based on the information you have provided, it appears that you may have encountered this issue. To determine if the CCD (image sensor) is working properly, please follow these steps:
1. Insert a memory card with known good images on it into the camera.
2. Power the camera on to the Playback mode.
3. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel, and observe the LCD.
a. If the images are displayed properly, please proceed to step four.
b. If the images are not displayed, or a "NO IMAGES" message appears, please ensure that the memory card contains known good images.
c. If the card contains known good images, and the issue persists with a second memory card, the camera will require service.
4. Switch the camera to the Camera mode. You may use any shooting mode (i.e. Auto, Manual).
5. Press the DISPLAY (DISP) button to enable the LCD panel.
6. Point the camera at a well-lit scene and observe the LCD and/or viewfinder. If the scene the camera is pointed at appears on the LCD and/or viewfinder, the CCD is operating properly. If the LCD and/or viewfinder remain black, the camera requires service