Sharp R-320H Microwave Oven Logo

Question about Sharp R-320H Microwave Oven

5 Answers

Microwave not works

My microwave burns fuse every second when turned on

Posted by miktol lossato on

  • 2 more comments 
  • Anonymous Nov 24, 2007




    my microven stops working


  • buffala Apr 20, 2008

    microwave blew a fuse after 4 years once i replaced the fuse it keeps blowing

  • dsutton May 13, 2008

    NEED TO FIND FUSE

  • chloechloe Nov 20, 2008

    Hi, I have a national ne 6980 model quite a few years old but a great machine, Now it has started blowing its fuse. when you replace it and plug it in, the clock works ok, as soon as you put it on any power setting and hit start everything starts working for half a second and then it blows the fuse with a bright blue spark ( looks like heavy load ) I am thinking it could be the same sort of problem. nay ideas ?

×

Ad

5 Answers

jzmission

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Where is the fuse on a Jen Aire jmc7000
thanks

Posted on Nov 25, 2007

Ad

Anonymous

There is no power coming in to the microwave (yes, it is plugged in)

Posted on Apr 04, 2007

Ad

Anonymous

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Replace the fuse, when I find out where the fuse is.

Posted on Mar 30, 2007

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Sharp Master
  • 9,179 Answers

If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor. If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off. If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Posted on Sep 15, 2006

Anonymous

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 513 Answers

WARNING: Microwave ovens are the most dangerous consumer appliance to service due to up to 5,000 V at high current inside. Even with the power off, there is a HV capacitor that can produce a lethal kick. This capacitor must be discharged before touching anything in the microwave generator circuitry. DON'T remove the cover yourself unless you fully undertand the SAFETY issues involved in working inside a microwave oven. A microwave oven is possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS common consumer product to service. About the only "easy" fix would be a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing, don't go any further unless you know what you are doing. Your likely options are a blown high voltage cap, diode, or the magnetron. Good luck(but luck has nothing to do with it ;] )

Posted on Apr 02, 2006

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

My panasonic microwave shut off after 6 seconds as something smells burned. Now it is smoking up the kitchen so I turned it off

Just as a guess, this is not an inverter microwave, correct?

The offending part is more than likely the big transformer on the unit, plus the fuse.

If it is the inverter type MW oven the you should see a hot looking part on the circuit board that is connected to the magnetron.

In any event, it is time for a new microwave oven.
1helpful
1answer

Heating problem

see this causes and fix it. God bless you
If the microwave doesn't heat the thermal fuse may have blown. It can be tested for continuity. Watch our fuse testing video for more information.
If the microwave does not heat, the high voltage transformer might be burned out. Microwave ovens produce a very high voltage in order to power the magnetron antenna, which emits the energy that cooks the food.
If the microwave doesn't heat the high voltage capacitor might be defective. The high voltage capacitor works with the high voltage diode to convert the output of the transformer to DC voltage and to double the output voltage. If the capacitor is burned out the entire high voltage circuit stops working properly. The high voltage capacitor can be checked with a special VOM meter which has a capacitance testing capability. Be aware that the high voltage capacitor can retain a charge of more than 3,000 volts and can injure or kill a person if not handled properly. Only trained technicians should perform this type of testing.
If the microwave oven doesn't heat the magnetron tube might have burned out. The magnetron uses high voltage, high current DC power to generate the microwave frequency that cooks the food. If the microwave oven is turned on when it is empty this can cause the magnetron to burn out. Once it is burned out it has to be replaced, it's not repairable.
If the microwave does not heat, one of the door switches might be defective. Microwave ovens normally have three door switches, if any of them fail the microwave does not turn on and does not heat. Check the switches for continuity with an Ohm meter.
The high voltage diode converts the A/C power output of the transformer to D/C, doubling the voltage to nearly 5,000 volts. This high voltage powers the magnetron which emits the energy that cooks the food. If the diode burns out, a lower A/C voltage reaches the magnetron, which is not sufficient to power the magnetron. When the diode fails it is often visibly burned out. If it appears to be good, it can be tested with a volt-Ohm meter capable of testing diodes. High voltage diodes frequently fail and are one of the most common points of failure in a microwave oven.
9_27_2012_10_25_24_pm.gif9_27_2012_10_25_53_pm.jpg
0helpful
1answer

Burnt food in my microwave and now it's dead.

The magnetron has more than likely failed, "heart of the system" the fact it burned the cookies in 15 seconds is a concern, suggesting magnetron was burning out.
0helpful
1answer

How to change fuse for lg lrm1250W

Hello

Get beneath the LG microwave, and grasp it on the bottom at either end. Lift the microwave up slightly, and pull it out from the wall to remove it from the mounting plate.


Turn the microwave onto its face on a soft rug or blanket. Remove the screws from the back panel of the microwave, and slide the panel upward to take it off the unit.


Look for the three fuses in the LG microwave -- one at the lower-right corner, one in the upper-right corner and one in the top center. Check each of the fuses to see if any of them look dark in color; this indicates a burned-out fuse.


Remove the burned-out fuse by gripping it firmly and pulling it away from the wall of the microwave. Once the fuse is removed, press the new fuse into the same position in the microwave until it clicks into place.


Slide the back panel onto the microwave, and replace the screws. Lift the microwave into the space beneath the cabinet from which it was removed, holding it slightly higher than the mounting plate, and lower the microwave until it catches on the mounting plate.
0helpful
1answer

When I turn on microwave oven fuse is burn out right a way. Thank you

Fuses burn for a reason: because the circuit is being overloaded. There could be several causes, first determine what else goes off when the fuse blows. All of the things that go off when the fuse is removed/blown/burnt are on the same circuit. A microwave is a heavy load, somewhere between 750 watts and 2000 watts, depending on the microwave. Remove other heavy loads (items which use lots of power) from the circuit. A 15 amp 120 volt circuit in a residence is good for 1800 watts (or 1440 watts continuously). If you had a 1500 watt microwave and four 100 watt light bulbs on the same circuit, you would be overloading the circuit. With a microwave, it is best to have it on its own circuit with nothing else (if possible). The fuse may also blow or burn in this situation if there is a problem with the microwave.
0helpful
1answer

Fuse keeps burning out when replaced. When the microwave is turned on, the fuse burns out immediately

If it blows as soon as you hit the "Start"pad to cook, it has a shorted high voltage capacitor.
6helpful
2answers

My sharp microwave just stopped working. It

IT IS POSIBLE TO HAVE A BURNED FUSE ON THEI Main boARD OF THE OVEN
10helpful
2answers

Panasonic NN-T994SF Microwave Oven quits after 15 seconds

my microwave shuts off after a few seconds. is there a fuse that needs replacing?
0helpful
1answer
0helpful
1answer

Microwave emerson not turning ON

That makes it sound like a bad high voltage transformer.

Do you detect any burning smell?

Do the windings of the high voltage transformer seem blued or blackened?

They should be copper colored or maybe a little darker due to the varnish.
Not finding what you are looking for?

963 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

Ekse

Level 3 Expert

13435 Answers

Oloyede Monsuru

Level 3 Expert

1468 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6477 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...