An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: ?Scanner failure? error message
Usually this type of error message pops up when the scanner lamp isn?t warming up properly. This is what you should do:
1. Check if the lamp is on.
2. Unplug the scanner?s power supply and plug it back in. Try connecting it diretly to the wall.
3. If that doesn?t work:
a. Unplug the unit?s power supply.
b. Press ?cancel? and left arrow while reconnecting the unit.
c. Release the buttons when the printer starts up.
4. Try scanning again.
5. If it doesn?t work, have it serviced.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Scanner Failure usually results in Hardware Failure. However there is one step you can try. Try connecting the printer directly to wall outlet or any other power outlet and the issue should be resolved.
You need new scanner section but try first to clean this one.Disassembly the printer and pull out the scanner section.Open it cover and inside you'll see the mirrors.Clean the ash from mirrors using cloth which leaves no hairs. WARNING! If you don't have a technical skills don't try to do anything. If this not help you need to replace the scanner section.
There are two types of sensors, optical and mechanical. Sometimes the mechanical sensor get stuck and give a message to the scanner that paper still remains inside the scanner. Check if any of them is stuck, Blow air from a dsiatance so that any shreds of paper is foreced out.
S. Mohan, India
Re carriage error - suggest cleaning the encoder strip. this is the plastic strip running parallel to the drive belt but about 1 inch above it. They frequently become covered with ink spray and so are impossble to read by the carriage position detector.
Only use cold water and be very gentle. also make sure you dry the strip thoroughly before switching the machine back on.
Re scanner problem 2 possibilities.
(1) make sure printer power cable is connected directly into wall socket not through an extension cable. This can reduce the voltage getting through to the scanner lamp.
(2) if that don,t work then I suggest you take the scanner apart and clean the reference strip. this is a white bar on the scanner glass which tells the machine what the light level is. This can be a bit tricky so if you've never done it before consult someone who has or get back in touch with me. HP don't want you to do this but it sometimes works.
Don't worry about the clean roller message. It is just a reminder much like your scheduled maintenance light that appears in your car.
Start Failure can occur for a number of reasons. When you get a start failure message close your scanning software and reopen it. Sometimes your connection may degrade if left idle. If that doesn't work shut down the scanner and pc. Turn on the scanner and wait until it is fully initialized before turning on the PC. These steps have resolved that problem for me. Lacking a manual, I just try things. Good Luck