Im assuming you are using outlook express, if not, I apologize, but steps should be similar for other types of software:
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Click POP3, and then click Next.
- Under User Information, do the following:
- In the Your Name box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people.
- In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name, followed by @bellsouth.net.
- Under Server Information, do the following:
- In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type mail.bellsouth.net.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type mail.bellsouth.net.
- Under Logon Information, do the following:
- In the User Name box, type your full e-mail address, including the @bellsouth.net domain.
- In the Password box, type your password.
- Select the Remember password check box.
You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password
box and selecting the Remember password
check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't
have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it
also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to
- To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings.
If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password,
you are prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is
connected to the Internet.
- Click More Settings.
- On the General tab, under Mail Account, type BellSouth.net.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Do not select the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box.
- Unless specified by BellSouth.net, all server and address entries are typed in lowercase letters.