Instructions for DG834, DG834G, DG824M, FR114W, FM114P, FR114P, FR328S, FVL328, FVS328, FVS338, FVX538,
FWAG114, FWG114P, or FVS318v3
These routers do port forwarding by assigning port numbers to a "service" associated with the application you want to run. "Rules" are set for particular services. Rules block or allow access, based on various conditions such as the time of day and the name of the service.
To Create a New Inbound or Outbound Rule
1. Submit the router's address in an Internet browser. (The default is 192.168.0.1).
2. Enter the router's username and password.
3. From the main menu, click Security > Rules.
4. Click Add for inbound or outbound traffic, as appropriate to the application you are planning to run.
5. Select the Service. The services the router knows about are listed in the drop down. If the service you want is not listed, add it as described in the next section.
6. Select the Action, for example ALLOW always.
7. For Send to LAN Server, enter the IP address of the local server. Note that this is also the IP address the computers on your LAN will access.
8. For WAN User choose Any, or limit access to particular IP addresses.
9. For Log selection it is reasonable to turn logs on, especially at the beginning when you are unsure of the result of the changes you are making. Later, you may want to set logs to "Never" for performance reasons.
10. Click Apply.
As noted in user manual for some models:
* Consider using the Dynamic DNS feature on the Advanced menu, so that external users can find your network when the DHCP lease is renewed by your ISP.
* If your own LAN server uses DHCP, and your IPs change on rebooting, consider using the Reserved IP Address feature in the LAN IP menu.
To Add a Service for These Routers
1. Click Security > Services > Add Custom Service.
2. Enter any name you choose for the service.
3. Select whether the service is to use TCP or UDP. If you are unsure, select both.
4. Enter the lowest port number used by the service.
5. Enter the highest port number used. If the service uses only one port number, enter the same number.
6. Click Apply.