Question about 3Com (3CR856-95-UK) Firewall
Posted by Anonymous on
A gateway router lets multiple users on an Ethernet LAN share a single broadband Internet connection instead of having to use individual links. It also offers security features to protect the network from various threats.
Posted on Feb 16, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
1. Determine if you can connect to the Internet using your computer. If you cannot connect, proceed to step 2.
2. Reset the router. Unplug the router for 30 seconds and plug back in. It can take a few minutes to reconnect to the internet. If you still cannot connect to the internet, contact your Internet Service Provider before proceeding.
3. Move the Internet Gateway ethernet cable to another port on the router. Put it in one of the ports on either side of the current position on router. Make sure that the Internet Gateway is plugged into a LAN port, normally numbered 1-4. Proceed to step 4 if none of the ports work.
4. If you are using a modem and a router, disconnect from the router and plug the Internet Gateway directly into a LAN port in the modem to bypass the router. Note: This will turn off the internet to the rest of your home network temporarily. If this works:
5. If step 4 doesn't work, power cycle your home's internet modem, it may need to be restarted to provide a new IP address to your network.
- Check your router How to determine which routers and modems are incompatible with the Liftmaster or Chamberlain Internet Gateway.
- Contact the manufacturer of your router for additional support. There may be a security setting preventing the Internet Gateway to connect.
6. Perform a Soft Reset on the Internet Gateway. This renews the IP address with the router. The LED lights will blink like a normal power up. To perform a soft reset:
1. With a safety pin or paper clip, press and hold reset button while the Internet Gateway is still plugged in.
Note: The reset button is located on the side of the Internet Gateway in a recessed hole.
2. Hold the button in until you see a yellow LED light blink and release.7. Perform a hard reset on the gateway. This deletes all the devices and renews the IP address with the router.
1. Unplug the AC adapter from the gateway.
2. With a safety pin or paper clip, press and hold the reset button on the side of the gateway.
3. Plug the AC adapter back in while continuing to hold down the reset button until the yellow LED light blinks.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: