My player switches itself off a few minutes after the dvd has been playing - no warning just gone! I start it from the beginning straight away and it plays fine. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Many thanks in advance for your help. Cheers, Tina
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. If your Sony DVD recorder player RDR-GX257's disc recorder has stopped working, don't despair! There are a few things you can try to get it up and running again.
2. First, check to see if the disc recorder is properly connected to your TV and to an electrical outlet. If everything is plugged in correctly, try pressing the "Reset" button on the back of the DVD recorder.
3. If the reset doesn't work, try unplugging the DVD recorder from the power outlet for a few minutes, then plug it back in. This sometimes clears any glitches that may be causing the problem.
4. If the DVD recorder still isn't working, it's possible that the disc itself is the problem. Try inserting a different disc into the player and see if it will play. If it does, the first disc was probably the issue. If the second disc doesn't play either, then the problem is most likely with the DVD recorder itself.
5. If you've tried all of the above and the DVD recorder still isn't working, you may need to take it to a repair shop or contact Sony customer service for further assistance.
Warning: Laser inside! If you want to open it up and troubleshoot, make sure you don't point toward your eyes.
Check the nylon laser carriage to see if it slides laser from center to outside line. If it sticks, it's probably shutting down from not properly reading a disk.
The Bose® 3·2·1 GSX Series III DVD home entertainment system
puts you at the center of exciting home theater with just two visible
Gemstone® speaker arrays and a hideaway Acoustimass®
module. Setup is simple because, unlike traditional five-speaker
surround systems, there are no center or rear speakers. An elegant media
center features a progressive scan DVD/CD player with an HDMI output
and AM/FM tuner. You'll enjoy vivid detail in your movies and sports
with video resolution up to 1080p over HDMI.
Good Day, amchel2;
It sounds like the 'DVD" player may be the source of your concern, and not the TV. Try using a different disc or input to the TV, if different input and okay then bad TV input. If different disc then okay, then bad disc. IF no,no on both then bad DVD player.
Good Luck, big IRISH.
i have panasonic DMR-eh55 dvd and for the first time when i played that it was in japanies language thus i tried to convert the language in to english through remote control i selected one by one thus suddenly there came a message U302 and now when i play my dvd and as i press remote control it show on dvd screen U302. please how my remote will work again and how can i get the solution so that my remote control works....