I have RCA HD50LPW167 DLP TV with NO Sound and NO Audio. The LED blinks when I turn the TV on but that's all it does. Took it to the local RCA authorized repair shop and they told me that the digiital...
Still sounds like a lamp:
TV won’t turn on
• Press the TV button or ON/OFF button while remote is in TV mode and there’s a source of power to the outlet or outlet strip.
• Make sure the TV is plugged in.
• You might have tried to turn on the TV during the lamp cool-down. Wait a few moments and the picture will appear.
• Has the power light on the front of the TV been blinking for one minute? If so, the lamp may be dead. Refer to the Power indicator
is blinking or fl ashing section below for more information.
• When you fi rst plug your TV into an outlet, the Power indicator on the front panel will light and blink for approximately 30 seconds
and then go off during the initialization of the TV. This happens only when power is reapplied to the TV. The TV can only be turned
on after the Power indicator goes off.
• Check the wall receptacle (or extension cord) to make sure it is “live” by plugging in something else, such as a lamp.
• Something might be wrong with your remote control. Press the POWER button on the front of the TV. If the TV turns on, check the
remote control solutions on page 84.
• Remote Setup might be set to the wrong option. Press MENU/OK on the front panel. Select Connections, then Special Features, then
Remote Setup. Choose TV (default).
Power indicator is blinking or fl ashing
If the light blinks 5 times, pauses, and blinks again 5 times, the lamp is trying to turn on. If the TV doesn’t turn on after 5 minutes and
then the light blinks steadily for one minute, one of the following options is possible:
• Lamp door may be open.Face the back of the TV. Locate the door at the bottom of the TV and close it. Turn off the TV and turn
back on. The lamp should turn on.
You can easily replace the lamp yourself by following the lamp replacement instructions. If your TV is still covered by
the warranty, call 1-866-723-6486 to receive troubleshooting assistance and a lamp replacement.
• If your TV’s warranty has expired, call 1-800-338-0376 to purchase a lamp replacement.
To order the correct lamp, you’ll need to know your TV’s model number, serial number, and lamp type—this
information is listed on the Service Model Number sticker (example of the sticker is shown above). Face the back of
the TV. The sticker is located on the right side of the TV.
Hope this helps :)