Question about Xterasys XN-2523G 802.11g/b (xn2523g) Wireless Adapter
I really do not know what has happened to this adapter that has worked perfectly until today. Every time I start up my computer, it connects as usual, but just when I am checking my email, it disconnects. Then I try and enable it again, it seems to work and then it just disconnects me again after about 2 or 3 minutes. I have tried restarting my computer, the wireless router, and the cable modem about 2 times now, but to no avail. I have comcast high speed internet and am now unable to connect for more than 3 minutes...it's driving me crazy!! I also have tried repairing the network, which works as I have said for 3 minutes, then I begin to lose packets and it disconnects me, again. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me in any way possible at [email protected] . Thank you, Deniz
posted on Jan 08, 2007
This wireless adapter connects, and then after abo - noavatar_s.png="/uploads/images/noavatar_s.png" alt="noavatar_s.png" class="h_mi" />
Rating: 0%, 0 votes
I had the same problem - solution was to disable the Windows "Wireless Zero Configuration". Go to Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, then Services, scroll down to "Wireless Zero Configuration", right click and select Stop. This should allow the manufacturers driver to take over. The Windows driver interferes with it.
This fixed exactly this problem for me, hope it is useful to someone out there.
AWESOME! This fixed the problem COMPLETELY!!! Thankyou SOOO much
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Try changing the channel on the adapter, in the device manager. It can be 1 through 11. Wireless b and g operate on 2.4ghz. There could be something nearby creating a conflict on that spectrum. Alot of cordless phones use 2.4ghz now. I have 2.4ghz phones in my house and had issues everytime a phone was picked up the wireless network connection went down. I changed the channel until I found one with no interference.
Posted on Sep 27, 2006
I have loaded my d-link to my laptop.it comes up with the screen but i can not get on line and it is a good hotspot is there a book on this. the little one you get says nothing to help. thank you phil.
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
Yes, this is a widespread problem. You should return it as soon as possible (if you still can) and sign a petition here (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/take-the-netgear-wg311v3-off-of-bestbuys-shelves) Don't even bother with their customer service it is the worst I have ever dealt with. I would recommend a D-link if you want to be in the $40-50 price range.
Posted on Aug 23, 2007
You also should have filters installed on every phone in your home to help solve the interference problem.
Posted on Aug 22, 2007
Try to update the driver of the adapter.
Posted on May 07, 2007
I use the same wireless for my GPS unit and it does the same thing..Changing the channel doesn't always fix the problem either..What I have found out is after the card gets around 3mg of information threw it, it just shutdowns..The easy soultion is just to use the wire or get something diff. but after all thats not what you got it for.
Posted on Apr 27, 2007
I had the same problem - solution was to disable the Windows "Wireless Zero Configuration". Go to Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, then Services, scroll down to "Wireless Zero Configuration", right click and select Stop. This should allow the manufacturers driver to take over. The Windows driver interferes with it. This fixed exactly this problem for me, hope it is useful to someone out there.
Posted on Jan 08, 2007
You can also add a USB extention cable to the computer and then to the wireless adapter. Then move the adapter on the cable away from the computer. This worked for me. Here is some info on a bug in that device and a link to download an update to fix it :: The D-Link DWL-G132 wireless adapter (USB) ships with a version of A5AGU.SYS that is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. This overflow can lead to arbitrary kernel-mode code execution. The overflow occurs when a 802.11 beacon request is received that contains over 36 bytes in the Rates information element (IE). Bla bla bla....... Use this link to download the latest drivers and software update for that model :: http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=WUA-2340
Posted on May 07, 2007
Could be either problem, although at first blush, I'd say a channel conflict, as noted by CCNA Tech. ZT3000 "Beta tester of "0"s and "1's"
Posted on Aug 23, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2015 | Netflix
Jul 28, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WMP54G 802.11g/b
Jan 20, 2011 | Belkin Wireless USB Adapter 80211G...
Mar 03, 2010 | Zonet (zew1600z) 802.11g/b Wireless...
Dec 01, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Mar 14, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7050) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
Mar 29, 2008 | ASUS (WL-167G) 802.11g/b (wl167g) Wireless...
Dec 26, 2007 | IBM ThinkPad A21m 2628 Notebook
Mar 01, 2021 | The Computers & Internet
6,218 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: