I'm having two problems with my Treo 650.
1) When I try to sync my Treo (VersaMail) with my Outlook 2003 it does not sync any emails. It moves all the info with Contacts, Calendar, Notes, etc. However my Inbox will remail empty I have all the necessary options selected in Hotsync Manager. I have syncronize Outbox and Inbox folder checked as well as the last 7 days
2) Secondly is there any way (third party) to sync your Sent Items with Outlook. I do not want to do the BCC to myself because it will cause double work.
Please try the following:
1. Pop the Software Installation disk that came with your treo into your pc and allow it to autoplay.
2. After the disk begins playing, you will be prompted to choose your language-do so.
3. After a second a new dialog box will appear-Select the option "Change your syncronization method"
4. Select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage Calendar, contacts, tasks and more.
5. Perform a hotsync
6. Open your versamail and hit the sync button
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It CANbe setup to send and recieve emails from email services using the POP3 or IMAP protocols. Too quote:
VersaMail's easy account setup wizard will get your mail accounts configured in a flash. The intuitive design will make you a power user in no time.
Get your email on your schedule. Stay on top of your life with Auto Sync: get business and personal email automatically downloaded to your phone based on a schedule you specify, and new mail alerts based on your preferences. The VersaMail® email client supports up to 8 email accounts, including Yahoo!, AOL, and Gmail.
Access corporate email. Using built-in Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, wirelessly sync Calendar, Contacts, and email with your company's Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 (access enabled by your IT administrator). Or, access business email using POP or IMAP and a compatible Virtual Private Network (VPN) client (sold separately).
You may have tried Exchange ActiveSync in VersaMail
When you setup an Exchange ActiveSync account in VersaMail, you are asking your Treo to synchronize email and your calendar with an Exchance 2003 server. In order to prevent duplicates, VersaMail disables Calendar synchronization via HotSync while the account exists on your Treo.
So if you are an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) user, you have a choice; you either sync wirelessly or you can delete the EAS account in VersaMail and can then sync your Calendar via HotSync. You cannot do both unfortunately.
OK. Hope this helps you because it fixed my problem. Go into palm desktop. Go to hot sync, click on custom Go to Calendar (Outlook) and double click on that. At this point click on settings. Under conflict resolution choose "outlook wins". Then go out and check syncronize files and set as default. Click done and this should resolve the issue. Reply if this is confusing.
I was tring all the possible ways to resolve the issue. At last got a solution for my problem. Hope this will work for you all. Download the "OutlookConduitUpdater.zip" and install. This will resolve the calender "do nothing" while sync.
Thanks to a fellow user, I was informed that I needed to purchase Chapura software. The following link has the software that does two way sync with BCM. Others don't. I did however have a few problems, but the help desk through Chapura was able to get the process working.
Have you setup an EAS account in VersaMail?
The VersaMail application on your Treo 650 supports Exchange ActiveSync, which allows synchronization of Email and Calendar wirelessly with Exchange Server 2003. If an EAS account exists on the handheld the Calendar conduit will disable itself to avoid duplicates.
Go to VersaMail on your Treo650
Select Menu: Accounts: Account Setup
Check to see if any EAS accounts exist on the device by selecting and account, then Edit...
One the first screen check Mail Service. Do any of them say "Exchange Activ..."
If yes you'll need to delete that account to sync calendar entries.