Power supply for Olympus fe-130
(In addition to the batteries provided with the camera, the following types of battery can be used. Choose the power source best suited to the situation.
AA alkaline batteries/ Oxyride batteries
The number of pictures that you can take may vary considerably depending on the
battery manufacturer and shooting conditions.
AA NiMH batteries (rechargeable batteries)
Olympus NiMH batteries are rechargeable and economical. For details, refer to the instruction manual for your charger.
(Lithium battery packs (CR-V3) and AA manganese (zinc-carbon) batteries
cannot be used.
(Power consumption by the camera varies depending on which functions are used.
(Power is consumed continuously during the conditions described below causing
batteries to become exhausted quickly.
• The zoom is used repeatedly.
• The shutter button is pressed halfway repeatedly in shooting mode, activating the auto focus.
• The monitor is left on for an extended period of time.
• The camera is connected to a computer or printer.
(The battery life varies greatly depending on the type of battery, manufacturer,
shooting conditions, etc. Because of this, there may be cases where the camera
turns itself off without displaying the battery level warning, or displays the battery
level warning sooner than usual.
The camera also has an optional accessory of an AC adapter that can be used as an alternative power source. It is model number E-7AU.
An AC adapter is useful for time-consuming tasks such as image downloads to
a computer or when running a slideshow for a long period of time.
To use the AC adapter with this camera, the optional multi-adapter (CB-MA1) is
necessary. Do not use any other AC adapter with this camera.
• Do not remove or load the battery or connect or disconnect the AC adapter or
multi-adapter while the camera is on or the camera is connected to the other
equipment. Doing so could affect the camera’s internal settings or functions.
• The AC adapter can be used within the range of AC 100 V to AC 240 V (50/60
Hz). When using the shape of abroad, you may need a plug adapter to convert
the plug to match the AC wall outlet. For details, ask at your local electrical shop
or travel agent.
• Do not use travel voltage converters as they could damage the AC adapter.