- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Steps on how to set your Readynas to telnet mode.
note : this is only for desktop type of Readynas
1. Turn off the nas
2. Get a pen or a paper clip that will fit on the reset button.
3. Hold the reset button while the power is off.
4. Turn on the Readynas after 30secs but still holding the reset button
5. You will only release the reset button after the 3rd blink on the drive lights.
test telnet by going to the dos prompt.
Click start run, cmd,.
Type telnet ip address of your Readynas.
Make sure that the computer that you want to telnet to is running the telnet service, and that the firewall on that PC (if using XP/Vista/Win7 and it is switched on, or you have a third party software firewall installed) allows connections to the telnet server.
From the other computer you should be able to just run telnet [destination IP address] and press enter (may need to install telnet client on Windows 7)
Telnet is a way of connecting remotely to a device.You need a software like Putty which is available for free on the net. After downloading it,Run it, type the ip address of the device you want to telnet to.
The P300 has 3 kinds of reset mechanisms, 1. Soft Reset: you can keep all DRAM data.
Procedure: Push the Reset button
2. Hard Reset/Save SDRAM -- Use hard reset/save SDRAM mode to reset the MobilePro P300 without losing the data in SDRAM. Use this mode if the safe software reset mode doesn't improve system operation.
Procedure: Reset Button and Power Buttons at the same time.
3. Hard Reset/ Clear SDRAM: You will lose all data. Use to reset the MobilePro P300 and delete the contents of SDRAM. Use this mode to reset the MobilePro P300 to its factory defaults. This is also referred to as a hard reset/clear SDRAM. **Caution** This procedure will delete all user installed applications and user data. If necessary, back up your data before performing the hard reset.
Procedure: Push the Reset, Power, and Record Buttons at the same time