I am a low tech nursing student just trying to figure out how to download the video of my daughters lead performance in the school play so I can make copies on CD to send to family.
I have a Sony DCR-TRV 330 camera and the cable that connects it to a USB port on my computer. I have Power DVD software that came loaded on my eMachine and use WIndows XP Home Edition OS.
I have figured out how to get the AV-DV OUT turned on the camera, and have found the button on the DVD software that asks for the source. However, I can't find the camcorder even though it is plugged into the D drive USB slot. Wouldn't it be considered a portable media device? I see all the other drives when I look for it, and when I use the same D drive for my digital camera and my jump drive for school work, it shows up.
What am I doing wrong?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Find a school that you want to apply to. Check with the admissions office for applications and necessary paperwork. Sometimes nursing schools within a college have their own application and selection process. Research the course work and get an idea of what is involved.
My mom went back to school in her mid-40s and became a nurse. She worked for 20 yrs and loved it. Good luck.
Please make sure all video files have been transferred in computer then use Format option to delete all movie files in hard drive of camcorder, apply same procedure to sd card in camcorder. Format option would be available in settings/ set up menu of camcorder. Thanks.
I had a same issue but now I found one way using the fireware that comes with the DCR-TRV38. I tried on my windows XP service pack 2.
1. hook up the fireware cable both in sony and the computer. If your computer does not have fireware card, you need one.
2. switch the camera button from "off" to "camera"
3. after few seconds you will see new hardware found and will ready for use. you may also see pop up window to capture the video if you have Microsoft Windows Movie Maker (WMM).
4. open the editing s/w and capture the video. I used the WMM which gives many option to capture the video (ie:DV-AVI, high quality format and many more)
yes, I found the manual downloads on Canon's webpage. I wish I could figure out how to transfer my tape videos to a computer. I bought the $50,00 DV-1394 cord and nothing happens--computer doesn't recognize the camera.