An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: My system locks up when I attempt to download images...
While it appears that the system is locking up, the actual problem is that a message prompt in the PhotoMAX 2.0 software is hiding beneath other open windows and needs to be answered before proceeding.
In this instance, the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window has been preset to always be the "top" window, obscuring any other windows that may be open behind it.
The PhotoMAX 2.0 window must be "active" (or "brought to the top") to answer any message prompts. Once the message prompt is answered, you will be able to download images.
To deactivate the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window's "Always on Top" preset:
1. Launch the PhotoMAX application.
2. Select Get Photo.
3. Select Camera or Scanner. The Acquire From window appears.
4. Select Twain device and click OK. The Select Source window appears.
5. Highlight PDC 640 and click Select. The album window appears next, followed by the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window.
6. Right-click on the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window and deselect (i.e. uncheck) "Always on Top".
To move the PhotoMAX 2.0 window forward:
1. Launch the PhotoMAX application.
2. Click on Get Photo.
3. Click on From Album.
4. When the album opens, answer YES to the question "The contents of this album have been changed. Do you want to save the changes?".
5. Click on the Acquire icon at the top of the album window to select the PDC 640 camera and download the thumbnails from the camera. Your system will no longer appear to lock up.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same exact problem. I love my pdc and was very determined to figure it out! LOL I also have Vista and my Image maker Software for my pdc640 kept getting the "Not Compatible With NT" error. This is what I did: Put the CD in and click ok when error pops up...Open 'My Computer" and click the disk drive your PDC CD is in...Click "EXPLORE"....Click the "setup" icon and then "Properties"..then click at the top where it says "compatability"---Click the white box that says "RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATABILITY MODE FOR:--then scroll and choose Windows 98....click apply and Ok....then download the same "SET UP' or auto install icon! It worked for me! Please email me at [email protected] and let me know if this helped:)
The camera memory may "lock" as it reaches its limit.
With the camera disconnected from the PC, and on battery power, turn off the camera by closing the lens cover. Remove and reinsert the memory card. Now turn on the camera -- it should power on properly.
The serial cable supplied with the camera (RS232 serial cable) is not securely connected. Disconnect the cable from the camera and reconnect it -- the beeping should stop.
Turn the camera on, then power up the computer. You will hear two short beeps, and the characters "PC" will be displayed in the LCD window. This indicates a proper connection with the computer.
The Polaroid PDC 640 digital camera connects to an available 9-pin serial port only -- it does not support the use of a USB/serial converter.
However, you can use a SmartMedia Card Reader with the camera's reremovable memory to download the images via the USB port to your computer.
To delete photos from the SmartMedia memory card in your camera, you must first download them to your computer.
Follow this procedure to transfer your photos from the camera to your computer:
1. Make sure that your PDC 640 is connected to your computer and both are turned on. The "PC" icon should appear on the status panel on the top of the camera.
2. Open the PhotoMAX application on your PC.
3. Click Get Photo.
Note: If you are using PhotoMAX Pro to transfer pictures, you need to select PDC 640 Camera from the Select Source dialog box (select File > Acquire > Select Source), and then select File > Acquire.
4. Click Album or flashPath.
5. Select the album in which you want to save your images, or click New Album to create a new album.
6. Click Camera or Scanner.
7. Select PDC 640 from the Sources list on the Select Source window, and then click Select. The PDC 640 Twain Driver window opens.
8. Click Get All to transfer all the images in the camera memory to your computer, or select the images you want to transfer to your computer and click Get Selected.
The images are transferred to the selected album, which is located in the PhotoMAX Albums folder. The PDC 640 Twain Driver window closes.
9. To edit a picture, double-click the image in the album that you want. The image appears in the image tray.
None of the Polaroid digital cameras listed below can be used as a
"web cam." All of these models are designed for taking still images only.
Fun! Digital 320
Fun! Flash 640
Fun! Flash 640 SE
Fun! Flash 820
MP3 Digital Camera
PDC 640 Plus
Yes, you may install the PDC 640 camera TWAIN driver only. The PDC 640 TWAIN driver can be used with most TWAIN compliant image editing software.
The most current driver is available for download on our website and is compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000 and XP (there is no compatibility with Windows NT at this time).
The following accessories for the PhotoMAX PDC 640 camera are available for purchase by contacting Polaroid's Parts Department:
Serial cable part # 118082
Video cable part # 109404A
AC adapter part # 118079
Camera case part # 100-806003-0
Hand strap part # 1BM857A
PhotoMAX software version 2.02 part # 101815B