An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: What accessories are available for the PDC 640 and...
The following accessories for the PhotoMAX PDC 640 camera are available for purchase by contacting Polaroid's Parts Department:
Serial cable part # 118082
Video cable part # 109404A
AC adapter part # 118079
Camera case part # 100-806003-0
Hand strap part # 1BM857A
PhotoMAX software version 2.02 part # 101815B
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To purchase accessories for digital and digital video camera model numbers beginning with: a, i, Ion, izone, m, t, CAA-04030S, Studio 4, x530,PDC (except PhotoMAX PDC models listed above) and Polaroid Pixie cameras, contact the number listed below--
Polaroid Digital Camera Support USA / Canada: 1- 877 - 388 - 3779 Hours (EST): Mon-Fri 10am - 7pm, Sat 10am-4pm
Available accessories include --
batteries, USB and video cables, image editing software and other items
that were included when you purchased your camera. Note: Accessories may not be available for some older camera models.
The camera memory may "lock" as it reaches its limit.
With the camera disconnected from the PC, and on battery power, turn off the camera by closing the lens cover. Remove and reinsert the memory card. Now turn on the camera -- it should power on properly.
This problem may be due to one of the following:
* The lens cover is not open. Slide the lens cover to the right.
* The batteries are not inserted properly. Remove the batteries and check the placement of the (+) positive and (-) negative ends. Then reinsert them, making sure they're securely in place.
* The batteries are dead. Put in fresh replacements.
Power issues may also be the result of using the wrong AC adapter. Use only the recommended AC adapter for the 640.
The Polaroid PDC 640 digital camera connects to an available 9-pin serial port only -- it does not support the use of a USB/serial converter.
However, you can use a SmartMedia Card Reader with the camera's reremovable memory to download the images via the USB port to your computer.
While it appears that the system is locking up, the actual problem is that a message prompt in the PhotoMAX 2.0 software is hiding beneath other open windows and needs to be answered before proceeding.
In this instance, the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window has been preset to always be the "top" window, obscuring any other windows that may be open behind it.
The PhotoMAX 2.0 window must be "active" (or "brought to the top") to answer any message prompts. Once the message prompt is answered, you will be able to download images.
To deactivate the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window's "Always on Top" preset:
1. Launch the PhotoMAX application.
2. Select Get Photo.
3. Select Camera or Scanner. The Acquire From window appears.
4. Select Twain device and click OK. The Select Source window appears.
5. Highlight PDC 640 and click Select. The album window appears next, followed by the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window.
6. Right-click on the PDC 640 TWAIN Driver window and deselect (i.e. uncheck) "Always on Top".
To move the PhotoMAX 2.0 window forward:
1. Launch the PhotoMAX application.
2. Click on Get Photo.
3. Click on From Album.
4. When the album opens, answer YES to the question "The contents of this album have been changed. Do you want to save the changes?".
5. Click on the Acquire icon at the top of the album window to select the PDC 640 camera and download the thumbnails from the camera. Your system will no longer appear to lock up.
None of the Polaroid digital cameras listed below can be used as a
"web cam." All of these models are designed for taking still images only.
Fun! Digital 320
Fun! Flash 640
Fun! Flash 640 SE
Fun! Flash 820
MP3 Digital Camera
PDC 640 Plus
Yes, you may install the PDC 640 camera TWAIN driver only. The PDC 640 TWAIN driver can be used with most TWAIN compliant image editing software.
The most current driver is available for download on our website and is compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000 and XP (there is no compatibility with Windows NT at this time).