An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
The NEC serial number is located on the Device Rating Label (DRL) and is clearly marked. The DRL label has the UL, FCC and NEC in bold type face and is located directly below the CAUTION sticker on the bottom side of the unit.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A serial number for ANY series of a manufactured item identifies each individual item. A serial number can be just numbers or a combination of numbers and letters. Each serial number is unique.
From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_code (Quote) Serial numbers identify otherwise identical individual units with many, obvious uses. Serial numbers are a deterrent against theft and counterfeit products, as they can be recorded, and stolen or otherwise irregular goods can be identified. (End quote)
Therefore, the serial number on a Mini RAE identifies that particular hand held volatile organic compound monitor.
Warning: This procedure will ERASE all user data stored on the MobilePro 900.
Make sure you have backed up all data before doing the following. To hard reset your MobilePro 900, simply remove both the main and back up batteries for 60 seconds. For detailed instructions on performing a hard-reset: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/hardware/Handhelds/MobilePro900/819-201025-000.pdf
You can obtain them from the Apps and Driver CD that was shipped with the device or download them here:
Windows XP USB: ftp://ftp.necsam.com/pub/MobilePro/900/WinXP_MP90-USB.exe
Windows 2000 USB: ftp://ftp.necsam.com/pub/MobilePro/900/Win2k_MP90-USB.exe
To mute the MobilePro 900’s speaker volume, do the following:
NOTE: This procedure will have to be performed for all existing and future dial-up connections.
* 1. Open Remote Networking by tapping “Start” ? “Programs” ? “Communications” ? “Remote Networking.”
* 2. Highlight your dialup connection by tapping it once. Tap “File” ? “Properties.”
* 3. Tap the "Configure" button.
* 4. Tap the "Call Options" tab.
* 5. Enter "M0" in the "Extra Settings" box. (This is capital letter followed by the number zero without any spaces or quotation marks.)
* 6. Tap “OK” to close the device properties window.
* 7. Tap “Next” and then “Finish” to complete the Dial-up Connection wizard.
The Ctrl-alt-del short cut to the Task Manager is not on the MobilePro 900. To bring up Task Manager on the MobilePro 900, hold the "Alt" key and then tap the task bar with the stylus simultaneously. A menu with "Task Manager" and "Properties" will be displayed, select Task Manager.
NEC has identified an issue where the system can erroneously generate the "Backup Battery Very Low" message. There are two possible solutions that will eliminate this erroneous low battery warning message (the first method is the preferred solution, the second method can be used if the update file is not available).
Solution I. Install a new version of the driver that controls the battery monitoring circuit.
1. Download the Low battery warning fix to your desktop.
2. Using ActiveSync or a compact Flash Card, copy FixBatt_HPC2K.EXE to the MobilePro internal disk.
3. On the MobilePro, double click the FixBatt_HPC2K icon.
4. When the message "Low Backup Battery Issue" is displayed, tap the "Patch it" button
5. When prompted turn unit over and momentarily depress the Reset button using the stylus.
Solution II. Change the default power management configuration.
Configure your MobilePro 900 to suspend when the LCD lid is closed on battery power and AC power.
To ensure that the device suspends whenever the lid is closed, please make the following changes and perform a soft reset:
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Open MobilePro Settings.
3. Go to the LCD Suspend/Resume tab.
4. Place a check next to "Enable suspend while on External Power."
5. Click the "Advanced" button and place a check next to "Enable suspend while on External power.
6. Click OK to close the Advanced Setting window and click OK to close the MobilePro Settings.
7. Turn unit over and momentarily depress the Reset button using the stylus.
NOTE: Both the software update and power management settings are cleared on a hard reset and must be re-applied.
There is an error in the MobilePro 900 manual (Pages 2-2 and 2-3). The jack on the front of the MobilePro 900 is a stereo headphone jack only. The MobilePro 900 has a built in microphone.
There is no jack for attaching an external microphone.