Tip & How-To about Ricoh Aficio SP C811DN Laser Printer
With the use of a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server, you can automate the administration of IP addresses for printers. However, you may want your printer to have a static IP address. To set up a static IP address on a Ricoh Aficio C811 color printer, follow the steps below.
1. When the printer is powered on and ready, press the Menu button.
2. Using the up or down arrows, scroll down through the menu to Host Interface and press OK.
3. Scroll down to Network and press OK.
4. Machine IPv4 Address is the first option on the network menu; click OK when it is highlighted.
5. You will see two options -- Auto-Obtain (DHCP) and Specify, and below them are three tabs -- IP Add., Subnet M, and Gateway. Scroll down so that Specify is highlighted, and then press the arrow button below the left-most tab (IP Add.).
6. Using the up and down arrows to change the numeric value, enter the IP address you want to use for the printer. Use the side arrows to go to the next part of the address once you've entered the value for the current octet.
7. Once you've entered the complete IP address, press OK. (If you want to cancel out without saving the new address, press Escape instead.)
8. If you need to specify a subnet mask and gateway address, you can enter those values in the same way, by selecting each of the corresponding tabs on the IPv4 menu (Subnet M and Gateway, respectively).
9. After you've entered all of the information and saved each address, make sure Specify is highlighted and press OK. You should see "Programmed" displayed on the screen.
10. Turn the machine off and then back on to apply the changes and reset the network connection.
Posted by gggg on
Mar 10, 2014 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Jan 07, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Oct 06, 2010 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Feb 19, 2006 | Zyxel Prestige 310 (AM406100) Router
5,652 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!