A little known feature on this player is the ability to use bookmarks, up to 10 of them. Many of you listen to podcasts or audio books which may be fairly lengthy and if you have to stop in the middle of what ever you're listening to, normally when you go back to your player you would have to start all over again.
A note about "resuming playback": If you shutdown during playback of a podcast or audio book (not pausing or stopping playback first) your Zen will automatically resume playback when you start it back up.
Zen V Plus Bookmarking
You can insert bookmarks during playback. A bookmark helps you mark a point within a track, so you can return to it at a later time.
You can use up to 10 bookmarks at any one time.
To insert a bookmark:
To delete a bookmark:
- In the Now Playing screen, press the Options button and select Set Bookmark .
- For ZEN V Plus, you will need to press and hold the Options button. Playback pauses and the Set Bookmark screen appears.
- Select a bookmark number.
- Your bookmark is assigned to the selected bookmark number. If all 10 bookmark numbers have been assigned, you can replace an existing bookmark with the new one or you can delete a previous bookmark.
To go to a bookmark:
- Press and hold the Menu/Back button. The main menu appears.
- Select Music Library and then Bookmarks .
- Go to the bookmark that you want to delete.
- Press the Options button. For ZEN V Plus, you will need to press and hold the Options button.
- Select Clear Bookmark.
- 1. Press and hold the Menu/Back button. The main menu appears.
- 2. Select Music Library and then Bookmarks .
- 3. Select the bookmark that you want.
Note: The Bookmark feature is not applicable for contents played from the memory card for players such as ZEN 2GB,4GB,8GB,16GB, 32GB and the ZEN X-Fi Series. ZEN Xtra also supports bookmarks though you cannot place two or more bookmarks for one song or audio book