Tip & How-To about Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
I have a stunning new breakthrough on the frequently cited problem - "I cannot add any more songs to my Mp3 Player." Before we proceed, I am assuming that the reason you cannot add any more files has nothing to do with available memory space. Of course, if your Mp3 player is full, it will not accept any more songs. But, I am assuming that this is not your problem.
Apparently, if you add too many folders, especially via Playlist, via Windows Media Player, the Mp3 player's file system will become unstable - it can only handle a certain number of additional folders.
To resolve the issue:
1. Connect the player to the PC using the USB cable.
2. Open Windows Media Player.
3. Go to the Sync or Devices tab and delete all content from the player.
4. Go to the Tools menu and select Options.
5. Select the Devices tab, highlight the ILO or Siren player and click on Properties.
6. Uncheck the box "Create Folder Hierarchy on Device"
Now, when music is transferred, it will be placed in the root directory of the flash memory disregarding the folder structure and allowing all tracks to be seen.
This procedure was designed for Siren Mp3 players, but is applicable to many other Mp3 players. It is not a guaranteed fix for every Mp3 player and every error of this type, but it is certainly not a widely known or reported solution. i hope that this benefits many Mp3 player owners who are experiencing this issue.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted by ThaMp3Doct... on
Usually answered in minutes!