The procedure is quite complicate, because the
seal is secured to the front panel, and you will need to remove top
panel, detergent drawer and access control assembly
- Disconnect appliance from power
- Remove the door, held by two screws located on the rear side of the lid.
Lift the top panel, held by two screws at back.
Undo the two screws joining the detergent dispenser to the inlet valve.
Undo the two screws located at the front corners.
So to release the fascia and dispenser.
take out fascia and the dispenser alltogether and put it on one side. Take care to not disconnect wiring and do not drop parts.
- Release the retaining wire
that keep the seal secured to the front panel. Look after it, you will need it again.
Undo the two screws that hold the front pane. They are located on the front side.
Remove the kick panel
- Behind the the kick panel you will find the two screws that will release the front panel, remove both of them.
Disconnect the door switch conntector.
- Lift the front panel. You may need to help yourself using a putty knife.
- Remove the clip with two hooks inside, it is located about postion one o'clock. This will finally release the seal.
- Remove the seal and clean the area where you will fit the new seal.
- Start mounting the seal from the lower part on the right, at about four o clock. You will notice the seal matching.
Put back the retaining wire usingf long-nose pliers to put the wire in tension.
- Reassemble the washer in reverse order.
Mark connector and keep screws ordered and separate while doing the procedure above. This replacement is suitable for an expert DIYer.