Tip & How-To about NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS ROUTER ($20.00 M.I.RebateTill 06/30/2004) (NETWGR614)
1. Click on the Start Menu, and then click on the Run option.
2. When the DOS window opens, then input control ncpa.cpl into the Run field, then click on the OK button.
3. Either the Network Connections or Network and Dial-up Connections screen will then appear.
4. On this window, please right click on the Local Area Connection that controls the Ethernet Adapter (normally the one without a number if there are multiple Local Area Connections) and click on the Properties option from the menu that comes up after right clicking on the icon.
5. When the Local Area Connection Properties window appears, click on Configure.
6. When the Adapter Properties window appears, click on the Advanced tab.
7. After the Advanced section loads, look under the Properties section for Connection Type, Media Type, Connection Speed, or Link Speed/Duplex Mode.
8. After selecting one of the options above, change the Value from Auto to 10 Base-T, 10 half mode, 10 half duplex, or something similar.
9. After changing the mode, click on the OK button. Please click on also the OK or Close button on the Local Area Connection Properties window. The Network Adapters speed will then be 10 Mbps Half Duplex.
Posted by Anonymous on
Dec 05, 2010 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Nov 23, 2010 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Feb 16, 2006 | Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router
Feb 16, 2006 | Linksys BEFSX41 Router (DHBEFSX41)
Feb 16, 2006 | Linksys WRT55AG Router
1,758 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!