Tip & How-To about Adobe Photoshop CS2 for PC
If you are a Professional user and can afford it I would use the Primatte Chromokey from Digital Anarchy it excels at removing just about any background even from flyway strands of hair.
Try the demo version first then decide v3.0 now costs $299 (£198)
If you can't afford it and you have only a two-tone background use either Photoshop's own extract filter on CS2 version that does a good job about 70% removal, you will need to use paths and selections to remove the rest.
OR this method below really does work.
1. Open your image
2. Double Click your background layer.
3. Press Ctrl+Shift+N to make new layer.
4. Fill the new layer with any color you like.
5. Move your 'layer 0' up, so now 'layer 0' is on the top layer
6. Make selection with pen.
7. Press Ctrl+Enter to make selection.
8. Click ad mask layer icon.
9. Ctrl+J to duplicate the layer
10. Click the mask icon.
11. Ctrl+i to invert the mask selection.
12. Click your mask icon on the layer palette.
13. Brush with black.
14. Click your 'layer 0' mask icon.
15. Brush with white to reveal the image.
16. Use shift to Select the two layer.
17. Ctrl+G to group it
Other Masking Plugins for Photoshop
You can also create a fairly decent removal using Extensis Mask Pro it has a great interface and makes short work of any complex masking situation its easier to use than the Primatte Chromokey and is just as good if not better than Procreate Knockout
Posted by Fixya Guru on
Jun 10, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
2,772 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!