Tip & How-To about Video Game Consoles & Games
If your Play Station 3 (PS3) gets the 80010514 error somewhere, you can try this to resolve the problem:
1. Make sure that the power indicator on the Play Station 3 system is solid red. To do this, press and hold the power button until the PS3 beeps and the light blinks. Once the light has turned solid red, turn the power switch in the back off.
2. Turn the switch back on, then press and hold the power button.
3. Keep holding the power button even after you hear a short beep after 5 seconds.
4. After 10 seconds, you will hear another short beep and the system will shut down (release the button at this point).
5. Press and hold the power button again.
6. Continue holding the power button even after you hear a short beep after 5 seconds.
7. Release the button when two short beeps are emitted after 7 seconds.
8. As instructed by the on-screen message, plug in the controller and press the PS button
9. Select restore Play Station 3 system.
This should not affect any of your save games, demos, etc. but just to be safe you might want to back up to an external USB hard drive.
To backup saves, go to the Play Station 3 Save Data Utility, select the save you wish to copy and hit the Triangle button. Copy should come up as one of the options. If it does not then the save game is copyright protected and can’t be copied. If you can copy it, make sure you have a USB drive attached and copy it to that.
Posted by Anonymous on
Usually answered in minutes!