Tip & How-To about HP Expresscard TV Tuner For Windows Vista (RM436AA#ABA)
First thing I tried to do was to install the drivers that came into the CD didn't work, just using mydvd9 the import/aqcuire option I could have some noise signal, but couldn't find a way to select channels and hanged after a while. This is too trickier, I thought, it should be a way to used quickplay and other applications.
I couldn't get anything from HP site so investigating I found the following.
1) Had to upgrade quickplay to latest version (is pretty cool btw)
2) The card internally is a Hauppage and found that is actually the HVR1500 http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr1500.html.
Drivers + application can be downloaded at http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr1250.html
3) After upgrading quickplay and installing drivers and application from hauppage, Quick play had additionally an hp digital tv tuner entry, but here in canada there is no digital signal transmitted through antenna.
4) I have reinstalled manually the drivers that came in the CD, but from the c:\swsetup\HP Digital tv tuner folder
5) After this I had at quickplay a second source "Hp Analog Tv tuner" which allowed me to caputure the regular air signal and wintv worked as well
I'm sure that I did some redundant steps, but it worked and now can I have everything working (quickplay, wintv, digital, analog signals)
Hope this helps and btw I haev uploaded the manuals for thouse who can't get it, since HP doesn't have them in the website.
Posted by Anonymous on
Sep 29, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 23, 2011 | Olympus W-10 Digital Voice Recorder
May 05, 2011 | Logitech Webcam
Dec 02, 2010 | Philips Computers & Internet
Jan 11, 2008 | HP Pavillion ZV6000 Athlon 64 3500+ 15.4in...
1,652 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!